Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

That's not accurate. Much of the dislike towards him over non football issues started during his first MVP season when he recently won them back to back.  That was even before the NFC championships loss and less than stellar playoff game.

No, it's very accurate. His personal accolades are forgettable to fans when considering team success. That's kinda the most important point here.

Edited by incognito_man

17 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Except for a couple of former teammates I have never heard a negative word about him as a teammates from his peers.  

I’ve never seen a QB go out of his way so blatantly to try to get guys on expiring deals some public love to help their Free Agency stock. Wouldn’t shut up about Lazard, Lewis, etc. this year.

Greg Jennings only gets hired to talk about Rodgers. Finley also runs his mouth.

Both turned down large extensions from Green Bay prior to accepting much smaller contracts. And I was told by someone I trust that he made a move on an East Troy HS senior while a Packer. Gross.

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Right - so if Rodgers says he wants to play, but only for GB, and GB says no thank you, then what happens?  Does he retire or accept the trade.

This beyond the money is why the present contract is so bad.  Paid him way too much money with great cap injury and gave Lord Rodgers way too much leverage.  

If Rodg says he wants to play, and only for GB the Packers then ask for a team friendly re-do.  When Rodg and his agent say suck it, he is then informed then all right.  Come on back.  Cobb, Lewis, Crosby, Tonyan and more are all gone.  

And you WILL have to compete for the starting job and you WILL have to play under Frenchy's system or find the bench.  The one who speaks next loses.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Right - so if Rodgers says he wants to play, but only for GB, and GB says no thank you, then what happens?  Does he retire or accept the trade.

Hes going to have to take a significant paycut for me.  As it is, this team didn't make the playoffs and running it back means adding significant FAs.  Bringing Rodgers back for a year with this same team and not adding anything but rookies is a waste for a one year experiment.  

Love Rodgers, but they need to trade him if the trade package is right.

Edited by NFLGURU

5 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I’ve never seen a QB go out of his way so blatantly to try to get guys on expiring deals some public love to help their Free Agency stock. Wouldn’t shut up about Lazard, Lewis, etc. this year.

Greg Jennings only gets hired to talk about Rodgers. Finley also runs his mouth.

Both turned down large extensions from Green Bay prior to accepting much smaller contracts. And I was told by someone I trust that he made a move on an East Troy HS senior while a Packer. Gross.

Finley got injured and basically retired, right?  He didn't play outside of GB.  

Who was it that made a move on an East Troy HS senior?

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

not adding anything but rookies is a waste. 

great point.  Adding rookies basically means getting worse than the other competitors.  Maybe Rodgers bounces back, maybe he continues to decline.  But current cap means they probably can't add all that much

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The only things I care about are the things that affect football. 

His Covid stance had an impact on football (missing additional time if you are anti-science), but it's relatively minor compared to bigger issues with him (skipping OTAs, forcing his way into bad team personnel moves, playing selfishly vs within coaches' scheme, allowing his ego to supercede team success).

I’m not arguing with you when I ask if OTAs are better spent on Love anyway to be investing in the future? Completely agree he’s been a ***** making Cobb get brought back, and the offense is disjointed at times because Rodgers thinks he knows better than the scheme. I do think that can go very differently next season though if they make some adjustments.

21 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I’m not arguing with you when I ask if OTAs are better spent on Love anyway to be investing in the future?

Only if Love is starting thst year, I think. I think our team was worse in 2022 than it could have been because of a number of decisions Rodgers made. Not sure our future is better because Love got that time instead. 

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Finley got injured and basically retired, right?  He didn't play outside of GB.  

Who was it that made a move on an East Troy HS senior?

Finley. One of my employees was all state at TE during Finley’s time in GB. Allegedly, Finley took a group of all state TEs and their friends in a limousine after a honors ceremony and while in the limousine, he drank alcohol with a pile of HS seniors along for the ride and was sloppy drunk enough to forget they were high schoolers, not college kids. Kept asking them why college they went to, what their majors were, etc. Started putting his arms around girls. I actually kind of doubt it happened the way he says though, he played football until he was 31 for the amateur leagues anround here and I’ve heard his exaggerate stories I was there for. But he did have a picture of him and Finley on his Facebook from the ceremony.

42 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Finley. One of my employees was all state at TE during Finley’s time in GB. Allegedly, Finley took a group of all state TEs and their friends in a limousine after a honors ceremony and while in the limousine, he drank alcohol with a pile of HS seniors along for the ride and was sloppy drunk enough to forget they were high schoolers, not college kids. Kept asking them why college they went to, what their majors were, etc. Started putting his arms around girls. I actually kind of doubt it happened the way he says though, he played football until he was 31 for the amateur leagues anround here and I’ve heard his exaggerate stories I was there for. But he did have a picture of him and Finley on his Facebook from the ceremony.

Was your employee @Packerraymond ??  Me is starting to wonders......  :)

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

Allegedly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Don't want you to end up in a Favre/McAfee situation

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Allegedly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Don't want you to end up in a Favre/McAfee situation

Actually think Favre is going to win a small win there. To this day you can find clips of him talking about Favre in a not so nice light without using that term. The fact that Rodgers goes on his show while Favre has litigation against McAfee is a hell of a contrast between the two though and should be embraced by Packerland because it’s hilarious.

44 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Was your employee @Packerraymond ??  Me is starting to wonders......  :)

I understand being drunk enough to think 6’4” and 235 LB guys are college students. But the girls…no. Of course this only came up when we drove past Mark Chmuras infamous hot tub home. He was at camps with Derek Watt, too. Said Derek was legitimately cool and his mom was hot.