Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

9 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Like Rap says not a likely spot but they’ve made a run at him before. Who knows what could happen if Purdy isn’t going to be back or something. 

It would be interesting but they have such little draft capital that it makes it hard to imagine. Unless they traded Lance and got a few nice picks, but again, don't see that move either. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Like Rap says not a likely spot but they’ve made a run at him before. Who knows what could happen if Purdy isn’t going to be back or something. 

It would have to be a 3 team deal where Lance goes somewhere, Rodgers goes to SF and the picks come to us. Just not going to happen though, don't think LaFleur would EVER give Shanny AR. You saw the damage it did to their friendship in 2021, and if we've learned anything from LaFleur it's that nepotism plays a part in his decision making. 

In my mind it's Jets, Raiders or GB. I'm just not buying the Raiders being out yet, what are they going to do, sign poor man's, more handsome Derek Carr? 

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It would have to be a 3 team deal where Lance goes somewhere, Rodgers goes to SF and the picks come to us. Just not going to happen though, don't think LaFleur would EVER give Shanny AR. You saw the damage it did to their friendship in 2021, and if we've learned anything from LaFleur it's that nepotism plays a part in his decision making. 

In my mind it's Jets, Raiders or GB. I'm just not buying the Raiders being out yet, what are they going to do, sign poor man's, more handsome Derek Carr? 

Well, it's not MLFs decision either though.

47 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd still put San Francisco in the very unlikely territory.  I think it'd have too many moving parts to be realistic.

I don't know how they'd manage it cap wise but otherwise the Titans make the most sense to me for both parties. 

Jets second.  Raiders 3rd if they're willing to spend around their new QB.  Maybe start it by sending Nijman with him.  Maybe Carolina, but waiting to see if Tua retires.  If so, Miami bumps up to 3rd seed.  Seattle might be a distant player if they can't get their QB signed.  I really doubt San Fran in any way.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

57 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'd still put San Francisco in the very unlikely territory.  I think it'd have too many moving parts to be realistic.

Agreed its unlikely, but would be nice to get as many teams in as possible  to stir up interest whether they are our prefered destination or not.

47 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I don't know how they'd manage it cap wise but otherwise the Titans make the most sense to me for both parties. 

Jets second.  Raiders 3rd if they're willing to spend around their new QB.  Maybe start it by sending Nijman with him.  Maybe Carolina, but waiting to see if Tua retires.  If so, Miami bumps up to 3rd seed.  Seattle might be a distant player if they can't get their QB signed.  I really doubt San Fran in any way.

How do the Titans make sense for Aaron Rodgers? They have no great pass catchers. Not even good ones.

I don't care if we has property there. He's looking to win, not a short commute.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

David Carr is too old.  😉

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd be fine with shipping Rodgers to San Fran, but I'd make the 49'ers pay a premium.

They don't have anything to barter with so I can't see them making a trade with any other team for any position.  They are stuck with Lance or Carr as a FA.

Like the Ghost said, you can add a guy or two.  WR's are a dime a dozen.  I think there's a draft not to far away.

That team with better QB play could go to the big dance.  Unless they play the Lions last game of the year and need that win.