Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

34 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It was March 8 last year when it was announced that Aaron was returning to the Packers.  I'd expect some news in the next few days.  

I'll be happy when this is over for good. In the Favre years they called it Tractor watch. I don't know what to call this 😕 

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Next domino to fall is whether Ravens put exclusive or non-exclusive franchise tag on Lamar Jackson. If it's non-exclusive, would Jets prefer 26 year old Jackson over 39 year old Rodgers?

Can’t the Ravens just match it and use that as a tool to set Lamar’s market though?

Not a lot new in this article, but a little bit of added info about how the Packers feel Aaron handled things after his signing the contract.  I hope the whole idea of bringing him back if he's "all in" is just posturing to get as much draft pick/player compensation as possible.  I'd be very disappointed if he's back for another go in GB.

https://www.ballysports.com/national/news/packers-stance-on-aaron-rodgers-and-the-nfl-stars-being-shopped

This article mentions the Packers helping to facilitate some contract changes, or paying some of the deal off to get a better return.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10067793-nfl-trade-rumors-aaron-rodgers-58m-contract-a-roadblock-teams-eye-packers-help

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1