Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What do you guys think the odds that he wants to return to GB are?

I would hope zero.  It had to be plainly obvious to him that the Packers want him gone.  Teams don't give permission for players to talk to other teams unless they want them gone.

7 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:
I’ll just say it, I hope Aaron gets traded and he gets to enjoy his last few years somewhere else and makes a few Super Bowl runs and gets another ring. I also hope J Love KILLS it. He’s had to watch people drafted after him taking over teams while he’s on the bench, not easy.

Gotta say Love has handled this about as good as you can.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The Raiders sit with almost 40 million in cap space. The Jets still have to clear 2 million by next week to become cap compliant. 

No wonder they need us to eat as much of his contract as possible. 

None of what we'll eat counts against their cap. It's just cash. 

• Like 2

Just now, Old Guy said:

The Raiders sit with almost 40 million in cap space. The Jets still have to clear 2 million by next week to become cap compliant. 

No wonder they need us to eat as much of his contract as possible. 

Isn't it the cash that he's owed outside of the salary cap hit that they're trying to get out of?  I thought their cap hit was $15m regardless, and the rest is a billionaire trying to be a cheap ****er.

EDIT: Ray confirmed it

Edited by MaximusGluteus

Okay, most of us seem to think that the trade parameters have been met by the Jets for them to get a visit with Aaron.  Have other teams backed out because they weren't willing to match the Packers request, or because the Jets blew them away?  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

Isn't it the cash that he's owed outside of the salary cap hit that they're trying to get out of?  I thought their cap hit was $15m regardless, and the rest is a billionaire trying to get a cheap ****er.

No idea.