Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

15 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

wish rodg woulda duped someone into tampering for us

The insane thing is that San Francisco DID tamper in 2021. Shanahan personally tampered, in fact. Jason Wilde (who I believe whole-heartedly) is on the record and adamant about this. He said it again today on ESPN Milwaukee. But again GB is too passive and Shanny is too much of a NFL golden boy to pay the price for it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Isherwood said:

The insane thing is that San Francisco DID tamper in 2021. Shanahan personally tampered, in fact. Jason Wilde (who I believe whole-heartedly) is on the record and adamant about this. He said it again today on ESPN Milwaukee. But again GB is too passive and Shanny is too much of a NFL golden boy to pay the price for it. 

i never heard that story. not that we even get something for it, but would not have hated to see the 9ers penalized 

19 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Quote me, *****.

I said critical moments, *****.

And they did. They held the Eagles to 3 in the third quarter and 8 in the fourth.

Critical moments.

they did a great job of blowing the game from start to finish. Giving up the lead after they were bailed out by the offense, only to get bailed out again and again

10 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

unless he takes a 'home town discount' to play elsewhere i won't consider him in villain mode. 

San Fran?

In a perfect world, yes I think he'd do it, but it's not up to him. GB controls his rights, and if they're completely removed emotionally from the situation, they should - if possible - leverage a futures payout from them, NFC be damned... but i don't see it. I half wish they would, but the optics would be awful if he goes there and rattles off a few SB's with that stacked team before GB figures out their foundation moving forward at quarterback.

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

they did a great job of blowing the game from start to finish. Giving up the lead after they were bailed out by the offense, only to get bailed out again and again

KC defense scored as many points as Mahomes' offense did in the first half.

• Like 1

For NFL executive Joe Banner thinks the Jets are pretty desperate to get Rodgers and will probably meet the Packers asking price.  He thought the asking price is probably (2) first round picks.  I hope we get close to that.   He talks about it halfway thru this video on Rich Eisen show. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

For NFL executive Joe Banner thinks the Jets are pretty desperate to get Rodgers and will probably meet the Packers asking price.  He thought the asking price is probably (2) first round picks.  I hope we get close to that.   He talks about it halfway thru this video on Rich Eisen show. 

The man makes a whole lot of sense. 

I still want the Raiders #7 pick in the draft though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The man makes a whole lot of sense. 

I still want the Raiders #7 pick in the draft though. 

I just don't think the Raiders are in on Rodgers at all.  I think a lot of it has to do with Mark Davis being cash poor.  They can't afford to pay that huge option bonus easily.  

1 hour ago, Laces Out said:

San Fran?

In a perfect world, yes I think he'd do it, but it's not up to him. GB controls his rights, and if they're completely removed emotionally from the situation, they should - if possible - leverage a futures payout from them, NFC be damned... but i don't see it. I half wish they would, but the optics would be awful if he goes there and rattles off a few SB's with that stacked team before GB figures out their foundation moving forward at quarterback.

If he ends up in san fran it is because the packers traded him there. I cant blame him for that 

32 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He had some really good points. Send the two 1sts and a 2nd Douglas and Wooody

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Wouldnt the Packers still own his rights though? Cant see whats gained by doing that.

Yes, the Packers would still own his rights.  

I believe I read that if Rodgers retired, but then un-retired, at the moment he un-retired his contract would immediately go back onto the Packers books.  Which could be a huge cap hammer.  This was in a New York article back in January, I posted it on this board earlier, but not sure how to find it again.  The suggestion was the Rodgers could hold a huge lever hammer by retiring, but then holding the potential hammer to unretire and shoot the Packers into a cap catastrophe.  He's got the contract, he's got the right.  

10 minutes ago, craig said:

Yes, the Packers would still own his rights.  

I believe I read that if Rodgers retired, but then un-retired, at the moment he un-retired his contract would immediately go back onto the Packers books.  Which could be a huge cap hammer.  This was in a New York article back in January, I posted it on this board earlier, but not sure how to find it again.  The suggestion was the Rodgers could hold a huge lever hammer by retiring, but then holding the potential hammer to unretire and shoot the Packers into a cap catastrophe.  He's got the contract, he's got the right.  

Fortunately there is no animosity between the Packers and Rodgers.  He's grateful for his time here.  Hell the Packers made him a rich man.  No worries he'll play nice. 

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This was the by far the best content I've heard on the Rodgers situation. I want to listen to Joe Banner more.

• Like 2