Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

49 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

-You got a TE? Trade him. Won’t throw to him. You got a middle on your field? Shrink it. Won’t use it. You got a running back great in space? Tell him to start practicing running the football more than catching because I won’t be there during OTAs to tell him myself.

I also won’t play any preseason games.

Nor will I throw the ball on 4th down. Sack’s better for my legacy because I can blame it on someone else.

Timeouts? I’ll use two a game, even if we’re trailing so we better not be trailing.

Bahaha, if AR is gone i wonder what Outpost will stroke out about every week. Gute, Murphy, the Oline, MLF. It's easy to pick out all the flaws, don't mention any of the attributes his lack of turnovers or picks he throws. His accuracy over a period of time. His escape ability behind a shoddy line at times. His presence of mind to flick the ball to the right guy and again not throw pics. Just a few things he does well. 

if AR gets traded it will be the end of another era, i myself will miss it that's for sure. Great player to watch. The rest of it i could care less. I sure hope Love is ok cause if hes' not MLF won't fix it with Jones and quadzilla running the ball all game. 

Edited by PACKRULE

20 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Part of me wants him gone to see what most of you absolute AR complainers will do with a QB that is not even close to the caliber of him. Especially the way we build a team around QB's. But that will change like it did in years past.  

Sheesh the way a few people post about AR on here it's like he is doing your daughter dirty or something. They guy got paid yes, but dam he did provide some absolute success to the team for the last how many years.

Be looking forward to his trade all you want but you don't have to treat the guy like he did you dirty, he didn't. YOU yeah you with your own agent would have done all the same things in his place. The forum colors are red on here but for most dam fans it's green with envy.

Show some gratitude for what the guy has done here. No wonder this forum gets so much **** on here from every other board. Bunch of blow hard know it alls. 

Sad really. 

I don't think anyone here isn't grateful for the years that Aaron Rodgers gave to Green Bay, do I think that some aren't a fan of his personality & shenanigans at times? I'm sure, but that has nothing to do with his on the field play (top tier) and I'd bet most that want him traded aren't saying it because they despise Aaron Rodgers as both a QB and a person, but simply because it's time and sometimes it's easier to "**** talk" a player we have to get rid of, then praise him because it makes letting go easier. 

However, anyone that doesn't think it's time to move on, just sadly doesn't understand that at the end of the day this is a business and the sad reality is that we have to let go of our future 1st Ballot Hall of Famer with an eye on this teams future and now is that time. A sad reality but this is becoming a reality that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady & now Aaron Rodgers (our life time greats) have gone through at the end of their careers. So it's a reality you should probably accept. 

In terms of your backhanded comment of "Can't wait to see what you AR complainers do will do with a QB that is not even close to the caliber of Aaron Rodgers" - If you're old enough, let me know if you said the same thing when we moved Favre to the Jets, if you're not that old, then let me remind you those same words were muttered about Aaron when we moved on from Favre. 

You'll have people like yourself, who are incapable of moving on and have staked your personal interest in a single player and come here and mentally nor emotionally be able to handle the "divorce" whether on good terms or not. Then you'll have your fans that are over Aaron Rodgers and his "lack of ability to win Championships" and will look forward to moving on & then you'll have those fans who can accept the reality that the NFL at the end of the day is a business & these kind of decisions are made with the business side of it in mind and can understand that trading Aaron Rodgers is the right move for this team at the current time. Your call which road you chose to go down, but I promise that the latter is the much more healthy road and it'll probably behoove you to not discredit a QB you haven't seen what he's capable of yet just because "emotions" because those that did that to Aaron Rodgers ate a piece of humble pie real quick. 

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Its not really wanting him gone but it is more about knowing when to move on. As they say its better to move on a year early than a year late. Rodgers had his time here and it was a good run but the team will be better going forward and long term trading him now. Holding onto him for another year or two may provide a slightly better outcome in the short term but the long term would suffer. Get something in return for him and build around Love.

Nothing wrong with that, part of me can see that and knows that. Heck i was around for BF and get it. Just hte dam hate is brutal on this forum. So many that think they know him personally and take it personally. TAlk about ego and such and have no clue other than what the media shows or says, like that's always up there 100% accurate:).

Again no qualms with what you said. At some point a new QB will be in GB, that must is inevitable. What is going to be funny is if he's not good watching the posting on here. 

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I don't think anyone here isn't grateful for the years that Aaron Rodgers gave to Green Bay, do I think that seem aren't a fan of his personality & shenanigans at times? I'm sure, but that has nothing to do with his on the field play (top tier) and I'd bet most that want him traded aren't saying it because they despise Aaron Rodgers as both a QB and a person, but simply because it's time and sometimes it's easier to "**** talk" a player we have to get rid of, then praise him because it makes letting go easier. 

However, anyone that doesn't think it's time to move on, just sadly doesn't understand that at the end of the day this is a business and the sad reality is that we have to let go of our future 1st Ballot Hall of Famer with an eye on this teams future and now is that time. A sad reality but this is becoming a reality that Peyton Manning, Tom Brady & now Aaron Rodgers (our life time greats) have gone through at the end of their careers. So it's a reality you should probably accept. 

In terms of your backhanded comment of "Can't wait to see what you AR complainers do will do with a QB that is not even close to the caliber of Aaron Rodgers" - If you're old enough, let me know if you said the same thing when we moved Favre to the Jets, if you're not that old, then let me remind you those same words were muttered about Aaron when we moved on from Favre. 

You'll have people like yourself, who are incapable of moving on and have staked your personal interest in a single player and come here and mentally nor emotionally be able to handle the "divorce" whether on good terms or not. Then you'll have your fans that are over Aaron Rodgers and his "lack of ability to win Championships" and will look forward to moving on & then you'll have those fans who can accept the reality that the NFL at the end of the day is a business & these kind of decisions are made with the business side of it in mind and can understand that trading Aaron Rodgers is the right move for this team at the current time. Your call which road you chose to go down, but I promise that the latter is the much more healthy road and it'll probably behoove you to not discredit a QB you haven't seen what he's capable of yet just because "emotions" because those that did that to Aaron Rodgers ate a piece of humble pie real quick. 

Your sadly mistaken, i never said in any post that I wasn't capable of moving on or not wanting to move on from AR. It's not just black and white. if you say anything good about ole BF or AR at those times then you want him to stay when in reality that may not be the case.

I'm more of the voice of looking past the HATE. I mean it's terrible and sad, I was ready for BF to be gone at the time, i still liked him myself watched a hand full of games with the Jets and quite a few Minny games. He was a hell of a player to watch. With that said i also watched every AR game since he started too. Never missed a start so i tend to appreciate his play that's all. If AR leaves dam rights i'll watch his games. He's an awesome QB. Here i could be sitting watching some of the other poo QB's in this league. 

I'm ready to move on, I just don't hate on the guy i see no reason to. Who cares if he's this or that. He was a dam fine QB for the pack for years. 

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Your sadly mistaken, i never said in any post that I wasn't capable of moving on or not wanting to move on from AR. It's not just black and white. if you say anything good about ole BF or AR at those times then you want him to stay when in reality that may not be the case.

I'm more of the voice of looking past the HATE. I mean it's terrible and sad, I was ready for BF to be gone at the time, i still liked him myself watched a hand full of games with the Jets and quite a few Minny games. He was a hell of a player to watch. With that said i also watched every AR game since he started too. Never missed a start so i tend to appreciate his play that's all. If AR leaves dam rights i'll watch his games. He's an awesome QB. Here i could be sitting watching some of the other poo QB's in this league. 

I'm ready to move on, I just don't hate on the guy i see no reason to. Who cares if he's this or that. He was a dam fine QB for the pack for years. 

Nah you just hate on Jordan Love because he's the guy replacing the guy. 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Nah you just hate on Jordan Love because he's the guy replacing the guy. 🤷‍♂️

Not one bit of hate towards Love, you won't find a post from me on here period hating on Love. But it if makes you feel better that you have to be of some split decision and in order to support love you have to hate AR, or vice versa fine by me. Some folks have more depth of character and can actually maybe like or support them both at the same time.  

I hope he's great. Would be fricken awesome. I have absolutely no idea though if he will be good bad of indifferent. Just chose not to be such a **** about AR. Not that i said you were, there were a few other posters who seem to feel very slighted by him. 

Edited by PACKRULE

35 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Part of me wants him gone to see what most of you absolute AR complainers will do with a QB that is not even close to the caliber of him. Especially the way we build a team around QB's. But that will change like it did in years past.  

Sheesh the way a few people post about AR on here it's like he is doing your daughter dirty or something. They guy got paid yes, but dam he did provide some absolute success to the team for the last how many years.

Be looking forward to his trade all you want but you don't have to treat the guy like he did you dirty, he didn't. YOU yeah you with your own agent would have done all the same things in his place. The forum colors are red on here but for most dam fans it's green with envy.

Show some gratitude for what the guy has done here. No wonder this forum gets so much **** on here from every other board. Bunch of blow hard know it alls. 

Sad really. 

Looks like Love shade to me but what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Looks like Love shade to me but what do I know? 🤷‍♂️

I think that's a very objective or even truthful look at it. At this point Love is not even remotely at a caliber of AR. Anyone who says different is lying. There has been nothing to show that he is. Does not mean I want Love to fail, absolutely not. Would be awesome / ideal if he pans out. Especially if we can get any sort of decent return for AR if he is traded. That is twice though that you have tried to put words in my mouth. My point above in bold is very clear, no hate whatsoever. Just truth. 

23 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Schefter reported the Jets and Packers had preliminary talks about Rodgers before the trip but they didn't get very far other than permission to talk.

Make of it what you will.

That would be stupid on the Packers part.  Usually compensation is basically agreed upon before someone gets to talk to your player.

58 minutes ago, R T said:

You are just throwing **** at the wall in the dark, like the people that use to come to my dealership and negotiate a price before they even knew what they are buying. To put a value on Rodgers without knowing how the terms of the contract will be handled is ...well, throwing **** at the wall. Typical. 

A crude rule of thumb back when the Jimmy Johnson value chart was used by many teams was 20K for each value point, adjusted for cap inflation would be around 35K a point now. Interesting enough the Jets 2nd round pick is valued at 470 on the chart, 470x35K =16,450,000 which is roughly the amount that the Jets would like the Packers to eat on this deal (if it happens). So, we have a swing in trade value of the Jets 2nd round pick just off of the unknown of how the contract is handled. But don't let detailed like that get in the way of spewing the liquid manure. 

OK that's the non answer I expected.  You are not going to know how the contract is handled until it's announced.  So take your best guess.  Let's assume the Packers eat 20 mil of the contract what's the draft pick/ player compensation?  Can you answer that?  It you are going to criticize other posters at least put yourself out there.  

9 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That would be stupid on the Packers part.  Usually compensation is basically agreed upon before someone gets to talk to your player.

Normally yes, there's reportedly a lot to get through for this deal to happen.  Rodgers decision, money, contract, draft picks, conditions.   We might be waiting for some time to get this worked out?

Edited by NFLGURU