Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Leader said:

He will leave. He will say: "I understand....my time is up" and leave.
Should he turn on his way out...perhaps hesitating...unsure....the GB FO will tell him: "Keep moving AR. The time has come"
And he will leave :)

This would be an outcome that would be just about perfect for everyone - team, Rodgers, fans. I just don't have that kind of faith in Rodgers to do it so willingly. And especially to go to the Jets. I'm still floored that he's entertaining it. A fair amount of me still thinks he's just doing it for the adoration and that he doesn't really want to go there.

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

No argument there, he has to sense it. Their silence and change of words is loud and clear. It's the only card they could play. I just don't think he cares. He knows they've left it up to him.

The point then is why does he want to be in a place where he is not wanted? All the Packers had to do was indicate that they are less bothered if he stays or goes, and Rodgers alluded that in the Pat Show saying it's not just my decision the Packers have to decide as well. And they have. Not explicitly in the media but enough of a hint. 

If Rodgers sticks in Green Bay he is dumb. His mates can't be retained for salary cap reasons. They have already done two years of being all in, there is nothing more they can do. Rodgers knows his window in Green Bay to be competitive is over.

The Jets want him, they got cash to burn. You have an old owner who wants to go all in to win before he pops his cogs. 

Rodgers wants out and Jets want him bad. Hence Green Bay has the leverage

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Therefore, this is the outcome that will come about.

Believe :)

It's definitely a rainbows and sunshine scenario. Sometimes those things do happen. I suppose it could be the kind of enlightenment and self awareness that one might get while on a dark retreat. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

4 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

The point then is why does he want to be in a place where he is not wanted? All the Packers had to do was indicate that they are less bothered if he stays or goes, and Rodgers alluded that in the Pat Show saying it's not just my decision the Packers have to decide as well. And they have. Not explicitly in the media but enough of a hint. 

If Rodgers sticks in Green Bay he is dumb. His mates can't be retained for salary cap reasons. They have already done two years of being all in, there is nothing more they can do. Rodgers knows his window in Green Bay to be competitive is over.

Jones is here, Bahktiari is here.  Crosby, Cobb, Lewis could all be brought back on cheap enough deals

4 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

The Jets want him, they got cash to burn. You have an old owner who wants to go all in to win before he pops his cogs. 

Rodgers wants out and Jets want him bad. Hence Green Bay has the leverage

Does Rodgers want out?

7 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

If Rodgers says he wants to stay, the team will immediately publicly support him and his decision and speak nothing but optimism about 2023 with Rodgers at the helm. And he knows this.

Because they've already laid out the guidelines of what they expect from him if he publicly announces this.

No one's arguing the Packers are excited to dump Rodgers for whatever they can.

So answer me this, Rodgers comes to the Packers and says, hey I'm coming back, I'm going to be in Hawaii for 2 weeks in May and I'm going to Belize for 2 weeks in June. I'll make sure I'm there for 3 days in mini camp. If you need any guidance or help with FA or draft just call me in Cali, otherwise see you in training camp late July. 

Gute and Murphy are OK with that? Then Rodgers has all the leverage, but I wouldn't believe for a second that is true.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

So I didn't mention that a QB that is a true unknown is an unknown. F**k me I needed to say that really, to make the point. Have a good one pal. Go Pack. 

Holy, you make a statement, stand behind it. Simple as that. You want to back pedal and play this charade of "everyone is out to get me because my opinion differs from theirs" then do you, but this ain't that. I'm merely calling you out for exactly what you stated and no matter how many times you attempt to play "oh I thought it went without saying it's an unknown" or whatever other ridiculous spin you want to attach to your narrative, then do you - but quite frankly you're exhausting to deal with because you truly lack accountability for anything you state.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Because they've already laid out the guidelines of what they expect from him if he publicly announces this.

No one's arguing the Packers are excited to dump Rodgers for whatever they can.

So answer me this, Rodgers comes to the Packers and says, hey I'm coming back, I'm going to be in Hawaii for 2 weeks in May and I'm going to Belize for 2 weeks in June. I'll make sure I'm there for 3 days in mini camp. If you need any guidance or help with FA or draft just call me in Cali, otherwise see you in training camp late July. 

Gute and Murphy are OK with that? Then Rodgers has all the leverage, but I wouldn't believe for a second that is true.

They handed over an absurd contract that stripped them of the ability to trade him against his wishes nor release him, yet did not make the entire offseason mandatory via tying some of it into the guaranteed money. The answer you seek was provided a year ago.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

No argument there, he has to sense it. Their silence and change of words is loud and clear. It's the only card they could play. I just don't think he cares. He knows they've left it up to him.

He cares a LOT.

We both agree he wants to retire here. He cares bigly. He probably feels ****ty GB doesn't really want him back. It probably makes him feel spiteful. But he's smart and so is the FO, so they're both playing it cool. Also because there are other motivations (we obviously want to maximize the return and need to at least leave the door of his return somewhat open to do so).

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You should find where I said they have all the leverage.

yeah, you said almost all the leverage.

so still not seeing where giving Rodgers $58.3M, getting no draft picks amounts to having almost all the leverage for GB

15 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

23 Million to play most of 11 games is not giving us our values worth though and historically, big guys don’t stay healthy through a third contract. I suppose the deal overall hinges on how he performs moving forward.

So what you're saying is Bakh is overrated because he might get injured? :)

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Jones is here, Bahktiari is here.  Crosby, Cobb, Lewis could all be brought back on cheap enough deals

Does Rodgers want out?

As a fan, with Rodgers do you feel in 2023 we are contenders? Do you think Rodgers with the Jets in 2023 with the cap space to go all in ala LA Rams for two years are better positioned to be contenders? 

Rodgers must see it that this run is over. The only reason to come back is for legacy. If he wants to compete and win Green Bay sadly is not the place 

Gute I feel deliberately and partly his hands are tied is trying to make Green Bay not the place to be and is not drooling over Rodgers. While the Jets are and his buddy Hackett is there and they can run the offence how they want. Why would he not want to be there over Green Bay?

Just now, squire12 said:

yeah, you said almost all the leverage.

so still not seeing where giving Rodgers $58.3M, getting no draft picks amounts to having almost all the leverage for GB

ok. And nobody else knows where your example is coming from. Certainly not me, who you've been quoting.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

They handed over an absurd contract that stripped them of the ability to trade him against his wishes nor release him, yet did not make the entire offseason mandatory via tying some of it into the guaranteed money. The answer you seek was provided a year ago.

If they always had a desire to not make anything messy, they had stripped themselves of those rights long before.

What they did was build a relationship with Aaron, rewarded him for his play and make a pact that his future would be decided as a partnership, not one individual pulling the strings.

If Aaron wants to get on McAfee every week and say it's all about "the relationships" and in the background he's a hypocritical ****** who's plotting to take advantage of the Packers, I can't say, but I'm taking the man at his word.

The reason Gute said "We invest a lot in these guy and we'd like to see that invest to us." As well as "it has to be the right fit" is that there were stipulations to Aaron's return that were agreed upon this offseason in the many meetings they had together. It was made known to Aaron of he didn't care for them, permission would be granted for him to search for another team and the split would be amicable.

It's pretty blatantly obvious what's taken place here, unless you want to argue against the words of the man in charge of the Packers roster. That's a bold move if so.

• Like 1