Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

48 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Jets twitter account is saying they traded for Rodgers for a 2nd and a conditional pick in 24. 

Not sure I assume any Jets twitter account knows anything more than anybody else.  

But this rumor seems pretty fair and reasonable to me, depending on the conditional 2nd pick.  It's kinda what I'd imagine:  2nd this year, with a pick that's conditionally a 1st next year, if he comes back for year two.  I'd be surprised to get better return than that.  

Leader, those were some very unenthusiastic analyses, in terms of suggested return for the Packers.  

1. 5th and 3rd rounders
  2. Multiple mid-round and later
  3. 3rd and 3rd, but only if Packers helped with salary.  

Seems to me the Jets might be more desirous of Aaron than these sources seem to be.  

4 minutes ago, craig said:

Leader, those were some very unenthusiastic analyses, in terms of suggested return for the Packers.  

1. 5th and 3rd rounders

Seems to me the Jets might be more desirous of Aaron than these sources seem to be.  

Yeah .. some of those offers are flat out insulting.  I'd welcome Aaron back into the fold if that's the kind of offers I was getting.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

I'm saying 10% of the salary cap for anyone that only plays 11 partial games is a big problem. 23 Million is a lot to risk on that injury annually moving forward. Then you have to worry about the rest of his body breaking down too. There are injuries you can't predict, and injuries you should've predicted. History is not kind to OL on third contracts. It would be great to see hard numbers on how long those big contracts make it.

The fluid in that knee should get better the further he gets away from the injury and better he learns how to manage it. 

Maybe just needs a day of extra rest, which is fine by me if he goes out there and balls. Especially with EJ at guard they already have chemistry 

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. some of those offers are flat out insulting.  I'd welcome Aaron back into the fold if that's the kind of offers I was getting.  

Yea id sooner keep him on the bench and trade him before the deadline when someone gets hurt

31 minutes ago, craig said:

1. 5th and 3rd rounders

They also don’t factor in Woody Johnson. If he is head over heels for Rodgers… he can force Douglas’s hand.

I think they most likely get a 2nd this year and something next. With the potential of just getting the 13 overall.

All of the mid to late picks is stupid. 

34 minutes ago, craig said:

1. 5th and 3rd rounders

You may have noticed I didnt write that....but in case you didnt....

41 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Yea id sooner keep him on the bench and trade him before the deadline when someone gets hurt

GB and Rodgers would need to redo the contract in order to trade him then.  Once the option bonus is exercised, the cap hit to trade him jumps a lot

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Startling realization that I think the Bob McGinn “the packers are disgusted with Rodgers” column was all true. I think if AR12 tries to force his way back with GB, they’re playing Love ahead of him. 

If the FO had the balls to do that (it's the right football move), I'd sing their praises forever. IF they would actually do this, they definitely have ALL the leverage.

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

If the FO had the balls to do that (it's the right football move), I'd sing their praises forever. IF they would actually do this, they definitely have ALL the leverage.

I think if Aaron has to return the Packers should allow Love the chance to compete for the starting job.  Packers are coming off a crap season where Aaron turned in his worst season since his first year as a starter.  That staring job should be up for grabs.  Best man wins.  

• Like 1