Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Agree to disagree. You're obviously way more anti Rodgers than I. Like 6-7 actively pursued a sex offender last year. There's no way being a libertarian hippie scared off any owner.

That part is the last 10% of it. 

The first 90% are his waning skills. He was a bottom 12 starting QB last year. How many pro personnel departments of other teams care about how good he USED to be. Owners do, because that can still equal money. But they're shrewd, too. And there's gonna be 4 QBs gone in the top 5-10 picks. Lamar is an option. Carr was an option. 

There are better options when the big picture is considered, for a football decision, than 40yr old Aaron Rodgers and his baggage.

• Like 1

I say jus on a matter of principle, the Packers should not allow themselves to get low-balled by the Jets. No doubt, what each may think is a low-ball offer is relative, may vary. But I'd rather they refuse a lowball offer and be stuck with Rodgers and all the drama from him sitting on the bench whilst Love starts, then to get low-balled by the Jets. I mean, we can also wait for a 'potential' better offer after June 5th, right? That may not happen, but simply getting lowballed out of desperation does not reflect well on the franchise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That part is the last 10% of it. 

The first 90% are his waning skills. He was a bottom 12 starting QB last year. How many pro personnel departments of other teams care about how good he USED to be. Owners do, because that can still equal money. But they're shrewd, too. And there's gonna be 4 QBs gone in the top 5-10 picks. Lamar is an option. Carr was an option. 

There are better options when the big picture is considered, for a football decision, than 40yr old Aaron Rodgers and his baggage.

He played most of the year with a broken thumb on his throwing hand.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

I say jus on a matter of principle, the Packers should not allow themselves to get low-balled by the Jets. No doubt, what each may think is a low-ball offer is relative, may vary. But I'd rather they refuse a lowball offer and be stuck with Rodgers and all the drama from him sitting on the bench whilst Love starts, then to get low-balled by the Jets. I mean, we can also wait for a 'potential' better offer after June 5th, right? That may not happen, but simply getting lowballed out of desperation does not reflect well on the franchise. 

Contract off the books is important 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

On a positive note, at least I don't have to read endless posts from the ARDS claiming the 2022 season was a disaster because Rodgers was traded.  If GB had the exact same 2022 season with Love at QB rather than Rodgers, the ARDS would be out of control even by their own lofty standards.

ARDS......Aaron Rodgers Defense Society? 

4 hours ago, PackFan13 said:

Don't try and argue with the geriatric group think in this forum. We have posters that create a narrative in their mind and try to make everything fit. They irrationally hate Rodgers to the point that injuries or players around him aren't relevant. It's all him. He doesn't throw to rookies, over the middle and won't run the offense the way the guru Matt ran it in Tennessee with such great success. 

LOL!

Well done. Post of the year!