Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Not sure I'd trade Love for the #1 overall pick TBH. I'm pretty sure I like him more than any QB in this draft right now.

You wouldn't trade Love for a 2023 1st, 23 3rd, 24 1st, 25 2nd and DJ Moore?

You don't have make the pick to utilize it's value.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If we really are waiting on Rodgers and not just waiting on him to announce it, we should just trade him to the Texans for literally anything and tell him it’s that or retire, your rights belong to the Texans.

Some have tried to say that no team would take him unless he stated he'd play for them.  I can't imagine that a team would pass him up for basically free.  That team would then be able to trade him to a team he might want to play for.  

11 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Oh my gosh, just start a thread where you can rip on him instead of putting your bias in every thread! 

He isn't wrong, though.  That report is out there.

If the trade goes through, Jets fans, and players, will have to get used to Rodgers personality.  It is going to be different.

We are used to it.  We know it and understand it.  Even embraced it when it meant lots of wins.

But boy, the tide sure changed quickly.

• Like 2

Just now, Old Guy said:

He's got three years learning and training as a professional. That is a big difference. Also, maybe he, like so many are not overly impressed with any of the QB's in this draft. 

The only reason to believe that Love is better is being a fan.   Yes, hope that your team got it right.

The Rooks will have more college gameday experience.  better college performance, similar or better physical skills.   They are all going to be much cheaper.   They are all a guess at this point so going with skills and lower contract value only makes sense.

Love has 1 quarter of good game tape.  everything else out there is pretty mediocre to poor.   Is that any more impressive than competing for a college National title?   Seems about the same to me, but admittedly I could be wrong there.

I'd go with the guy you have 5 years of control at a lower contract every time.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Not sure I'd trade Love for the #1 overall pick TBH. I'm pretty sure I like him more than any QB in this draft right now.

I wouldn't go that far.  If the #1 overall got the haul that Chicago just got, you make that trade all day long.

However, if you are saying you'd take Love over every other QB in this class, if you had that pick and weren't trading it?  

Well????  I can get why you would say that.  I don't agree, 100%, but I do get it.

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, it looks like the Jets or retire for Rodgers.

Raiders HC and GM decided two more years and getting fired are OK with them. So they went with Jimmy G. Not enough talent around Jimmy G to win as a game manager in Vegas. 

Leagues leading rusher, Vante, Waller and Renfroe isn't enough offense?  They absolutely have enough offensive talent to get it done.

Defense?  Different story.