Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I feel reasonably sure it's going to be a big flop, but if Aaron is all in he might be able to defy father time in 2023.

And still come up short in the playoffs?

Because he can’t beat any team with with a top tier defense…

Edited by Green19

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I feel reasonably sure it's going to be a big flop, but if Aaron is all in he might be able to defy father time in 2023.

It will come down to being how motivated Rodgers is to prove the Packers wrong. Rodgers with a chip on his shoulder is the best Rodgers the Jets can hope for.

1 hour ago, pgwingman said:

Yeah that's where I'm at too. I loathe how bad our WR room is, but I don't think it gets solved by overpaying guys like Lazard/MVS.

Agree, but we need to get used to it.  Free agent WRs aren't coming to Green Bay to play with an unproven QB if there are other options out there.  You have to overpay, but I wouldn't for Lazard.

4 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Leads me to believe we'll be getting a WR from the Jets as part of the deal.  

I doubt it.  As others stated before it's most likely the Jets just jettison Corey Davis.  They can probably fit Lazard and Cobb first year caps into the $10 mil cap savings by releasing Davis.    

Elijah Moore wanted out of NY last year because he was frustrated with their terrible QB's, lack of opportunities within the offense being run and lack of accuracy from the QB's when he did get an oppty.    With Hackett in running a new offense and a real QB running the show I don't think he'll be anxious to leave.     

Really liked Mims coming out, but he's done nothing in 3 years and don't think he plays ST?   $1.7 cap hit ($377 dead cap if released).   Interesting flyer but not sure they they even want to pay 1.7 for him.   ESB made $965k for the Bears last year and they weren't interested in retaining him.

12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And still come up short in the playoffs?

Because he can’t beat any team with with a top tier defense…

Oh yeah .. he'll come up short if they make the playoffs.  Hopefully the Packers don't get sucked into adding any conditions based on team performance.  I'd rather see conditions based on Aaron's playing time.

Edited by {Family Ghost}