Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Ryan Wood -   Aaron Rodgers on PatMcAfeeShow regarding trade rumors: "That's all conjecture until I decide what I want to do moving forward."

Rodgers says he hasn't decided what he wants for next season yet, still needs time to weigh all options.

///

Trade his *** just so I dont have to hear him talk about his one planet universe anymore.

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood -   Aaron Rodgers on PatMcAfeeShow regarding trade rumors: "That's all conjecture until I decide what I want to do moving forward."

Rodgers says he hasn't decided what he wants for next season yet, still needs time to weigh all options.

///

Trade his *** just so I dont have to hear him talk about his one planet universe anymore.

If you listen to the show his approach and reasoning it pretty reasonable tbh. Talked about how if Gb decides to move forward wthout him he'd respect that and still love the franchise and city without any animosity. 

Edited by Arthur Penske

6 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

If you listen to the show his approach and reasoning it pretty reasonable tbh. Talked about how if Gb decides to move forward wthout him he'd respect that and still love the franchise and city without any animosity. 

I hope he doesn't go all 'Favre' on us if they tell him they want to go with Love.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

stacked with skilled position players

Meh

Waller is worse than our stable of TEs at this point.

I'll take Watson over Adams going forward, too. Would you trade Watson for Adams?

Skills are a young man's domain. 

Renfrow is a nice piece, but would you trade Doubs for him?

Jacobs is a clear lean. 

Raiders skill players are pretty overrated. Losing Ruggs was big for their future at position there.

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Meh

I'll take Watson over Adams going forward, too. Would you trade Watson for Adams?

Jacobs is a clear lean. 

Raiders skill players are pretty overrated. Losing Ruggs was big for their future at position there.

By stable do you mean the one TE under contract, Deguara?

I'd take Watson over Adams going forward for sure, but maybe not next year if he were paired with Rodgers again. Those two are something else together.

19 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Meh

Jacobs is a clear lean. 

That is quite the uh....statement

Adams is still at no worse than a top 5 WR

Renfrow is one of the best slot receivers in the league 

Waller is significantly better than anyone in our TE room

I wouldn't trade Watson or Doubs for them because we're clearly heading for a rebuild. If i was in win now mode as the Raiders will be if they have Rodgers, no way in hell am I picking Watson and Doubs over Adams/Renfrow/Waller for the next 2-3 seasons

Edited by Mdpackfan22

40 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Meh

Jacobs is a clear lean. 

Waller is worse than our TEs?! You are insane. We had the worst group of TEs in the league. Watson will likely never touch Adams level and certainly not for many years. The level of delusion is strong in you

Edited by PackFan13

It's possible that the Packers will take one more shot at running this back, but I guess I don't see the point.  We're getting a step worse every season with Aaron at the helm, and we're now at the point where the organization needs to see what they have in Love.  I just think Aaron had his chances and the team keeps coming up short, so why not try something different.  I think it sounds like Aaron is warming to the idea of getting traded.  I'm sure the agent for both Rodgers and Love would like to get each guy into a spot where they are starting for someone.  I wonder if the agent is actually helping to sway things.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Meh

Jacobs is a clear lean. 

Why do you get to compare Waller with our 'stable' vs one guy. They also have Foster Moreau who is better than anyone we have at TE. 

I love Doubs and Watson, think they are going to be great. If we are talking about one year, nobody takes Watson over Adams, if you are talking long-term, of course.

A move for Rodgers by any team is a short term, win now play. 

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think this is based off a poor paraphrase from Peter king but if you got woody to offer that you take it and run away 

Moving the Chains on Sirius XM was just talking about this....Kirwan and Miller.

Kirwan said, first off, if Woody said that, it is tampering.  Plain and simple.  But it looks like King said it and didn't really quote Woody, so it is grey, but passable.

Kirwan also said that he thought GB could get a "haul" for Rodgers.

And not necessarily from the Jets.  He said that the Jets have been known to be a trading spot that agents use to leverage better deals elsewhere.

Just paraphrasing what I heard on Sirius XM.....

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I heard his soundbite.  It was cool.  He professed love for the city and the area.  Cited that he was a minority owner in the Bucks and would be active in the area for many years to come.

...and my take?  He didn't sound douchey at all.  Sounded sincere.

• Like 2