Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

10 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Insist on the #13 pick.  

Yes Gutey needs to play some hard ball here.  I'd be OK with 2 2's and a player.  Unconditional.  Some suggest just a single day 2 pick.  I'd tell the Jets to pound sand.  Hold it up if you have to.  Jets will cave they don't have a choice.  OK going out snowmobiling now.  Maybe something will break by the time I get back...

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Yes Gutey needs to play some hard ball here.  I'd be OK with 2 2's and a player.  Unconditional.  Some suggest just a single day 2 pick.  I'd tell the Jets to pound sand.  Hold it up if you have to.  Jets will cave they don't have a choice.  OK going out snowmobiling now.  Maybe something will break by the time I get back...

You are obviously riding a Polaris then......

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers may want to see the pieces added to NYJ before signing off on the trade

both GB and NYJ know the financials if a trade does/does not happen.  Each team can be moving on as needed in either scenario.

If GB or NYJ is waiting to make FA deals for Rodgers to make a decision, then it was Rodgers who had leverage in this process

Yeah this makes the most sense and explains why everyone's been dancing around the "when will you announce" question. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Don’t know why Lazard would want to play with Rodgers again so Rodgers can choose not to throw to him when he’s wide open in season ending or contributing scenarios like he has in each of the last two seasons.

Lazard is going to go where he can get the most money.   This is his time to cash in.  I like him and all but if he leaves it ain't the end of the world by any stretch.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Yeah just like when GB gave him 150 million… only to not show up in the off-season.

Again good luck NY. I get GB bending over backwards, he is home grown here.

But it’s dangerous when you see how Rodgers treated his one and only.

Does he want Cobb there because he can point to that’s why he doesn’t need to go to off-season programs, like he did here? 

Don’t worry guys Cobby will get the room ready for my insanity. We are good.

These posts are so silly. The bad man is nearly gone. You'll be okay. 

3 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Rodgers already decreasing his next team's chances of winning by demanding they allocate cap to a player at a position of no need just so he can have a friend in the locker room. Heartwarming

Where did you hear this?  

30 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers made it pretty clear in one of the Mcaffee shows when he spoke about the players GB had that he thought deserved to get paid.  he was signaling to teams (really any team) what he would be looking for.

He absolutely has leverage over the Jets (or any team that wants him). And it's gonna result in bad value for them. Because Aaron sucks at recruiting.

34 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers may want to see the pieces added to NYJ before signing off on the trade

both GB and NYJ know the financials if a trade does/does not happen.  Each team can be moving on as needed in either scenario.

If GB or NYJ is waiting to make FA deals for Rodgers to make a decision, then it was Rodgers who had leverage in this process

But this doesn’t make sense… if these guys are Rodgers’ boys why wouldn’t they sign? And why wouldn’t the Jets do this favor.

like I’m assuming Rodgers was like I’ll agree to the deal if you get these guys. Like the fact that all this is up in the air tells me nothing is really done. Like Brady went to TB before Gronk. It was just an know fact he would go too.

Same should be the case with Lazard and Cobb… yet it’s not.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

He absolutely has leverage over the Jets (or any team that wants him). And it's gonna result in bad value for them. Because Aaron sucks at recruiting.

The real question is whether or not he has to give back the golf cart.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Really tight lipped on this whole deal.  Just flipped on NFL network ole Ian is clueless.  Both Jets and Packers waiting on Aaron and no framework for a deal has been worked out.  Yah right OK.  Wingo let the cat out of the bag yesterday and Jets going for Lazard is further confirmation.  The deal is done.  Just waiting on the announcement.  Whether it's today or tomorrow doesn't matter except to us fans.  

Gute better get some return on this.  Oh BTW if you think we won't be on Rodgers watch next year you are mistaken.  A conditional pick will almost certainly be part of this deal.  So we'll be watching and waiting again next year.  Fun isn't it?  I'm going out snowmobiling get the last lick of winter around here.  Hopefully when I get back there will be some news but the way things are going doubt it.  

I truly suspect no matter where AR plays this next season will be his last.  

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Cobb at ~3mil last year was fine, especially in such a young room. Lazard at a fair price is decent, just not in our budget. If he does go to NY, we’ll see if any vets want to jump on board.