Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Also, I looked up Mercedes Lewis's stats with us for the last 5 seasons: 

81 games 57 receptions 582 yards and 6 TD's.   Total over 5 years.   

It's amazing how integral he's been and the impact he's had on our offense with those receiving stats.    Going to be interesting to see how we replace Lazard and Lewis's blocking.

**not a sarcastic post.   nothing but respect for Lewis

Edited by Kampfgeist
  • Like 1

Just now, Kampfgeist said:

Also, I looked up Mercedes Lewis's stats with us for the last 5 seasons: 

81 games 57 receptions 582 yards and 6 TD's.   Total over 5 years.   

It's amazing how integral he's been and the impact he's had on our offense with those receiving stats.    Going to be interesting to see how we replace Lazard and Lewis's blocking.

I can't tell if you are praising Lewis here or mocking his contribution to the team.

18 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Damien Woody tweeted that looking at Rodg's list none of those players are better than what is on the Jets roster now.

But that's not the question the Jets need to ask themselves.  The question to ask is whether those players + Rodgers makes their roster better.

Lets say the Jets appease Rodgers and sign some names from that FA list before Rodgers agrees to a deal.  If Rodgers starts calling for those guys to get reps with him, that's going to bake in some locker room tension right from the start.  It's a ticking time bomb if they don't start the season hot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Lets say the Jets appease Rodgers and sign some names from that FA list before Rodgers agrees to a deal.  If Rodgers starts calling for those guys to get reps with him, that's going to bake in some locker room tension right from the start.  It's a ticking time bomb if they don't start the season hot.

There will be a honeymoon phase, he'll be the toast of the town, and then the eye rolls and finger pointing starts.

Edited by NFLGURU

I know some of you are hoping for Ejiah Moore in the Rodgers trade.

I've just found out that he's very small for a WR. I'm not sure he's even a good fit in LaFleur's offence with our WR being asked to run block.

However he will certainly add something different to our offence with his speed, route running and shiftiness.

I would rather get a draft pick and try and pick up JuJu instead. He's a bigger slot guy or No.2 WR who is NFL proven volume catcher. I think he would be a much much better fit in LaFleur's offence.