Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Judging by the small amount of work Love got last year it seemed that he was quite adept at going over the middle.  I hope that soon becomes the norm in GB.  Rodgers didn't have a 300 yard game in his last 22 in GB .. maybe bypassing the middle of the field is a big reason why?

Hitting the middle would be great yes. Using the entire field would ideal from so many vantage pints. 

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You don't think it's a bit odd to give a player wish list to a team that you haven't even committed to playing for?

This situation is a microcosm of Rodgers' career. He thinks SO highly of himself and his own importance, the effects of his actions (which are considerable) on other people are totally lost on him.

He's an absolutely terrible leader. He believes he should be catered to and doesn't need to lead by example.

• Like 3

Just now, PACKRULE said:

For an average player sure. For an old vet that knows the game, not really. I mean he's not an idiot the Jets are not great, they have some nice pieces but need some holes filled. I would if i was AR be pushing heavily for Oline help though. Cobb or Lewis as a FA for a year they are cheap all good. Helps him aclimate better and feel more at home with a few friends. 

I"m not saying I agree, I"m not licking his boots some may think that. Just looking at it objectively, The great ones get leeway and have leverage. 

I think the pieces he is asking for are not likely to push the needle for Rodgers or the Jets. It just seems more of getting his own posse and support system on the new team. A healthy OBJ actually makes sense to me since he can contribute. The others, I am not quite sure of.

Just now, PACKRULE said:

For an average player sure. For an old vet that knows the game, not really. I mean he's not an idiot the Jets are not great, they have some nice pieces but need some holes filled. I would if i was AR be pushing heavily for Oline help though. Cobb or Lewis as a FA for a year they are cheap all good. Helps him aclimate better and feel more at home with a few friends. 

I"m not saying I agree, I"m not licking his boots some may think that. Just looking at it objectively, The great ones get leeway and have leverage. 

Joe Douglas is probably biting his tongue, but playing along because that's what the idiot owner wants. Apparently the Jets are more than happy to play along. .. they flew out to visit Aaron, while most players come in to visit the team facilities, and get acquainted.  He's too good for that.  He needs to be wooed.  He's asking that they sign the friends of Aaron .. some of them well past their prime.   Do what you do got to do Jets .. going to be a belly laugher if it fails.  

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This situation is a microcosm of Rodgers' career. He thinks SO highly of himself and his own importance, the effects of his actions (which are considerable) on other people are totally lost on him.

He's an absolutely terrible leader. He believes he should be catered to and doesn't need to lead by example.

The Packers organization is going to feel like they have been freed from a curse.  The curse wasn't all bad .. lots of wins, but lots of painful defeats.  I just kind of get the idea that it's been like walking on egg shells around there for a few years.  Maybe lifting the cloud will give the organization a renewed vigor.  Ding dong the witch is dead!

• Like 1

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers organization is going to feel like they have been freed from a curse.  The curse wasn't all bad .. lots of wins, but lots of painful defeats.  I just kind of get the idea that it's been like walking on egg shells around there for a few years.  Maybe lifting the cloud will give the organization a renewed vigor.  Ding dong the witch is dead!

They're not free yet...........................
I'm wondering if AR's not actually trying to get the Jets to walk away.

What happens then?

Just now, Leader said:

They're not free yet...........................
I'm wondering if AR's not actually trying to get the Jets to walk away.

What happens then?

What the Packers told him in their meeting directly after the end of the season per the loss to the LIons.

The Paradigm has changed.  No friends added to the team.  You will play within the system or ride pine.

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Forgive me but this information is based on your actual knowledge and time spent with him? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I want Rodgers gone as much as a lot of us but I don't know if I would characterize the time as a curse at all. I think its basically a relationship that lived its course and dragged for much longer than it should have.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Joe Douglas is probably biting his tongue, but playing along because that's what the idiot owner wants. Apparently the Jets are more than happy to play along. .. they flew out to visit Aaron, while most players come in to visit the team facilities, and get acquainted.  He's too good for that.  He needs to be wooed.  He's asking that they sign the friends of Aaron .. some of them well past their prime.   Do what you do got to do Jets .. going to be a belly laugher if it fails.  

I don’t blame Rodgers in this at all… you have power and others are enabling you, go for it.

But what do the jets think they are getting here? If he gets Lazard, Cobb and Lewis… those dudes are playing meaningful snaps. They aren’t getting buried on the depth chart.

And did these guys move the needle in 2022? You have to hope Wilson and Hall carry these dudes.

At the end of the day, if I was a jets fan I would be upset. Because if the jets are playing ball already to all of these demands… they can’t stop. They will need to go along with most everything from here on out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I want Rodgers gone as much as a lot of us but I don't know if I would characterize the time as a curse at all. I think its basically a relationship that lived its course and dragged for much longer than it should have.

Agree with that. I'm really looking forward to that period when we can look back fondly on Rodgers's career again. It really has been a great ride.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Well we don't know for sure on the ins and outs of travel and who made what decisions.

50-60% of the personal posts about this person it's all best guess and opinions based off very little.

Vikings players flew down to ole Mississippi to see Bert a couple times:). 

4 minutes ago, 15412 said:

What the Packers told him in their meeting directly after the end of the season per the loss to the LIons.

The Paradigm has changed.  No friends added to the team.  You will play within the system or ride pine.

Yeah .. plus you try to deal him at the draft .. if that fails you wait until someone loses a top QB.  Or your just breakdown and call San Fran or wherever he really wants to play.  They could always try to bribe him .. here's 30 million to retire.

2 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Agree with that. I'm really looking forward to that period when we can look back fondly on Rodgers's career again. It really has been a great ride.

I see no reason one can't still look fondly at it and even embrace the change to a new QB. Seems the board likes factions but i think one can appreciate Brett Favre, AR, and Love and many other scenarios. It's a cut throat business.