Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If the choice is to trade Rodgers to someone like San Francisco for peanuts or make that trade, which one would you take?

It would be dumb for us to take peanuts for a QB like Rodgers even now at this stage of his career.  A 3rd round pick usually isn't peanuts but it would be for 12.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

They don't.  Or at least not directly in a trade package.  It'd require a 3rd team.  Hypothetically speaking, if the Texans were interested in him and wanted to use their top pick elsewhere:

Packers Get: #33, '49ers Pick(s), Texans Pick(s)
49ers Get: QB Aaron Rodgers, #65
Texans Get: QB Trey Lance

From whom are we getting the #33 pick?  SF doesn't have a pick until round 3 and Houston has the #34 pick in the second round.  Why would the Texans want Lance when they have the #2 pick in this years' draft?  How does SF get the #65th pick?

Just now, Pugger said:

From whom are we getting the #33 pick?  SF doesn't have a pick until round 3 and Houston has the #34 pick in the second round.  Why would the Texans want Lance when they have the #2 pick in this years' draft?  How does SF get the #65th pick?

I was more or less using them as an example, but ET80 was actually the one who suggested it.  If Houston isn't particularly enamored with any of the QBs in this year's draft (and they liked Trey Lance), it'd make sense for them to stay at 2 and draft one of the defensive studs (Will Anderson or Jalen Carter) and then move down from 12 and recoup the lost picks.  Just kinda speaking out loud here, which combination is better: Trey Lance, Jalen Carter/Will Anderson, plus moving back in the late FRP and recouping their lost 3rd round pick OR Bryce Young/CJ Stroud, #12 plus their SRP and 3rd round pick they dealt?  I'm not convinced the latter is better.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

They don't.  Or at least not directly in a trade package.  It'd require a 3rd team.  Hypothetically speaking, if the Texans were interested in him and wanted to use their top pick elsewhere:

Packers Get: #33, '49ers Pick(s), Texans Pick(s)
49ers Get: QB Aaron Rodgers, #65
Texans Get: QB Trey Lance

There's no way that'll be close to the best offer unless the Texans 24 first is in there. The 49ers don't have the ammo.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I was more or less using them as an example, but ET80 was actually the one who suggested it.  If Houston isn't particularly enamored with any of the QBs in this year's draft (and they liked Trey Lance), it'd make sense for them to stay at 2 and draft one of the defensive studs (Will Anderson or Jalen Carter) and then move down from 12 and recoup the lost picks.  Just kinda speaking out loud here, which combination is better: Trey Lance, Jalen Carter/Will Anderson, plus moving back in the late FRP and recouping their lost 3rd round pick OR Bryce Young/CJ Stroud, #12 plus their SRP and 3rd round pick they dealt?  I'm not convinced the latter is better.

Houston could stand pat and take Stroud at #2.  I don't see him lasting until #12.  Would SF trade Lance away after moving up to get him in 2021 at the price they paid?  Plus Purdy is gonna be out for a while, reports are they are moving on from Garroppolo and the 49ers don't have any high picks to entice suitors anyway.    I suspect if Gute and company are ready to move on with Love they will look elsewhere for a trading partner.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Houston could stand pat and take Stroud at #2.  I don't see him lasting until #12.  Would SF trade Lance away after moving up to get him in 2021 at the price they paid?  Plus Purdy is gonna be out for a while, reports are they are moving on from Garroppolo and the 49ers don't have any high picks to entice suitors anyway.    I suspect if Gute and company are ready to move on with Love they will look elsewhere for a trading partner.

That's the Stroud/Young part.  Take the QB at 2, and then you have 12.  Or use 2 to select an elite defender, and move back from 12 to recoup the picks you'd lose in a Trey Lance trade.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

That's the Stroud/Young part.  Take the QB at 2, and then you have 12.  Or use 2 to select an elite defender, and move back from 12 to recoup the picks you'd lose in a Trey Lance trade.

Are you sold on any of the QB's in this draft class? 

I'm not advocating one way or another for Lance, who I think the 9ers are holding onto, just curious. 

This QB class to me, has more questions than answers. Not as bad as last year's class, but no real locks IMO. 

I think the Raiders could trade for Rodgers and keep their 7th pick overall.  Say a 2 and 3 this year (assuming the trade is made by draft time) and conditional picks in '24 and '25.

Another option would be to start the trade off with a swap of 1st Round picks between the teams, and go from there.