2023 STEELERS NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS

armsteeld

As you all know ILB must be addressed in the off-season. Myles Jack ain't it and Devin Bush's progress isn't the best. I love what we have in Mark Robinson but we need more help at the position. I'll start with a couple guys I really like. 

Henry To'oto'o 6'2 230 is downhill thumper who comes down hard against the FBs and OL. He has a violent strike to his hands to stack and shed blocks. He also has the athleticism and range to go sideline to sideline on the wider runs. To'oto'o is also an excellent blitzer but his pass coverage needs to improve at the next level. 

Owen Pappoe will probably run 4.3 or faster at the combine. He is about 6'1 228 and the most explosive LB in this draft class. He can run with RBs, TEs, and WRs from his LB position. Needs to get stronger at PoA but he's constantly getting better since his first year. Sky is the limit for Pappoe. 

Noah Sewell 6'2 255 is a big punishing tackler. He tries to destroy your soul. He does have a bad habit of overrunning plays and trying to tackle too high. For such a massive LB, seeing him fall off tackle attempts leaves me puzzled. Sewell is an excellent blitzer and attacks the LoS with bad intentions. Sometimes gets caught in "no man's land" in coverage. Can match up with RBs, TEs, and some WRs in coverage. Sewell has all pro potential. 

Shaka Heyward 6'3 240 is a fast, physical, smart LB who makes plays from sideline to sideline. He also shoots gaps to make tackles in the backfield. He's an impressive LB who can make an immediate impact for the Steelers. 

Trenton Simpson 6'3 240 could challenge for the fastest LB in this draft class (if he declares). Simpson has ran 4.3 but he can play all over the back 7 of your defense. He can play NCB, Slot, SS, FS, but he's best at his LB position. Needs to get better at PoA but that's most ILBs.

• Like 1

My favorite ILB in this draft class hails from the Indiana Hoosiers. Cam Jones, 6'3 235, is a downhill thumper with a killer mentality. He stuffs OL and destroys FBs. Would be a dream to see him on the Steelers. I love his playing energy. Reminds me of James Farrior.

Jones is #4 in the vid below.

Sleeper LB of the 2023 nfl draft class is Jackson State ILB Aubrey Miller Jr. Listed at 6'2 235, Miller is a heat seeking missile. He transferred from Missouri to stabilize Coach Prime's LB core. He has a great personality and plays nasty. My compare is faster Vince Williams. 

There's a few very good ones in this year.

I like Simpson, Pappoe and To'o To'o.

N.Sewell has all the tools, but seems slow in his reactions.
J.Campbell and D.Sanders are more athletic than you would think.

D.Overshawn from Texas, is pretty interesting as well, but I'm not sure if he's in or out.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mwalker said:

There's a few very good ones in this year.

I like Simpson, Pappoe and To'o To'o.

N.Sewell has all the tools, but seems slow in his reactions.
J.Campbell and D.Sanders are more athletic than you would think.

D.Overshawn from Texas, is pretty interesting as well, but I'm not sure if he's in or out.

I was big on Jack Campbell last season. Sanders is a big solid LB who does all 3 phases well. Overshawn is really bad. I tried liking him but he's just a rangy long LB who doe nothing well. Spot on regarding Sewell.

3 hours ago, armsteeld said:

I was big on Jack Campbell last season. Sanders is a big solid LB who does all 3 phases well. Overshawn is really bad. I tried liking him but he's just a rangy long LB who doe nothing well. Spot on regarding Sewell.

Another guy that interests me is Ivan Pace Jr from Cincy.
Used to be an outside guy, then transferred and played inside.
From what I've read (haven't watched him) he's really good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mwalker said:

Another guy that interests me is Ivan Pace Jr from Cincy.
Used to be an outside guy, then transferred and played inside.
From what I've read (haven't watched him) he's really good.

He's very productive but I think he may be too slow. 

42 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

He's very productive but I think he may be too slow. 

One scouting report I read...

"Pace has all the fundamentals necessary for a linebacker. He’s tough and twitchy, with good recognition and a sure tackler. But his instincts and hyper play speed make him elite. He might be undersized for the position, but he never hesitates."

Size and length seem to be his biggest issue as he's 6'0 238

1 hour ago, mwalker said:

One scouting report I read...

"Pace has all the fundamentals necessary for a linebacker. He’s tough and twitchy, with good recognition and a sure tackler. But his instincts and hyper play speed make him elite. He might be undersized for the position, but he never hesitates."

Size and length seem to be his biggest issue as he's 6'0 238

Leads CFB in TFL.  He  is a bullet when he reads the play right.

You can also look for Tommy Eichenberg (tOSU).  he would be that day 2 pick

On 12/11/2022 at 5:41 AM, jebrick said:

Christian Gonzales is my #2 CB.  Very very smooth.

I'm expecting a combine warrior, overdrafted, and a pedestrian career. Maybe somin like Arizona Cardinals.

I like him, yeah. Of course. The draft is a value proposition and you need to find his traits in others that go later in the draft.

That's how you change the fortunes of a franchise quickly. Hard to find 4.3 later.. yada.. yada.. yada. 

Find something similar