BDL 2022 Playoffs Week 2 - #5 Cancun Kaiju @ #3 Rome Eternals

RedGold

Who Wins?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cancun Kaiju
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2022 at 05:00 AM

31 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Jack Jones was inactive for Cancun. Sam Cosmi was benched yet active(judge that how you may) .  

Where have I heard before that 3 CBs isn't enough?

Not my opinion if the scheme and Safeties do more work (So I won't vote solely based on that) but I lost earlier in the year for that reason.

Edited by LAOJoe

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

That home crowd noise with those pass rushers is gonna be rocking in Rome against Cosmi and friends.

what pass rushers beyond the one getting double and sometimes triple teamed?

7 hours ago, Jlash said:

This is still going. My god. Can both teams lose?

Warned you not to read it.

8 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Jaelen Phillips who has one less pressure than Rousseau and Jordan combined on 240 less pass rushing snaps. 

Last I checked, pressures don't show up on the stat sheet. EDIT: Also don't really see how that means anything when Rousseau has 300 fewer snaps played than the other two.

Edited by Blue

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Last I checked, pressures don't show up on the stat sheet. EDIT: Also don't really see how that means anything when Rousseau has 300 fewer snaps played than the other two.

Stat sheet? They affect the game ... this isn’t fantasy football haha man. I’m too sick to argue this nonsense.  Also Rousseau can play 300 less snaps. On a per snap pass rushing basis Phillips gets more pressures on less snaps. I’m not saying he is not better than Phillips. You’re the one acting like he doesn’t have an additional threat as a pass rusher that could not beat too hurt or not good enough to play Cosmi... this isn’t the end all be all for a game obviously. I made one comment and you jumped in to discredit his “other” pass rusher so I provide to you this.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Stat sheet? They affect the game ... this isn’t fantasy football haha man. I’m too sick to argue this nonsense.  Also Rousseau can play 300 less snaps. On a per snap pass rushing basis Phillips gets more pressures on less snaps. I’m not saying he is not better than Phillips. You’re the one acting like he doesn’t have an additional threat as a pass rusher that could not beat too hurt or not good enough to play Cosmi... this isn’t the end all be all for a game obviously. I made one comment and you jumped in to discredit his “other” pass rusher so I provide to you this.

Among other things here:

- Both Rousseau and Jordan move inside at times where they're more likely to face double teams. Phillips doesn't.

- I think pressure rate is overvalued because it doesn't result in a negative play. Look at the Mahomes play on the first play--that's a pressure that turned into a long touchdown.

- I'm not acting like anything. I asked a question and you got defensive about it. I actually thought you were going to bring up Justin Houston, who has half a sack and six total tackles in the past month but Rome is still apparently planning on moving inside for "extra" pass rush help.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

You asked a question in an attempt to be discrediting. But it is what it is

Believe what you want, but now I'm more upset you clearly didn't pick up on my clever pun

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I asked a question and you got defensive about it.

29 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Rousseau plays a JAM 7 to the TE even when he’s on the Edge. You all are schematically clueless about EDGE and pressures. I say that with love as well as complete truth and condescension.

Not at all. But this guys wants to discredit Phillips who as of 12/2 actually had a higher double team rate than Jordan so... (I don’t have an updated graph since then)