Week 16: Texans @ Titans :: "Twas the night before Christmas"

VY-FTW

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I would. Start him all year like the Texans did with Mills. Either he steps up or we are in position for another shot at a franchise QB. 4th time's the charm, right?

lol I guess.

I just want something to look forward to when watching this team.

Him, Downing makes next year something I couldnt care less to watch. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

It's wild. I said this in the 1st quarter. He has yet to adjust to the speed of NFL defenders compared to his own. He's a good athlete, but he makes it so much harder on himself with his late decisions to run and the angles he takes.

ironically he's looked a lot more comfortable operating within the structure of the offense from the pocket today, but yeah, he is clearly still way too indecisive and hesitant running the ball. i put some of that on the coaching though- he's certainly not being done any favors in that depratment.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

This is what game 3? 
Not to say his future is written, but it's as clear as day, next year he can not be assumed to be the starter. 

Not disagreeing with that, but there’s damn near zero we can take away from his game so far

hes not allowed to throw more than 8 yards down field 

OL sucks

he’s not a very impactful runner as hoped .. but idk how we can come to even a sense of an idea with what we’ve had to watch in his three games 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

He is a good runner as a QB. But as good as Tannehill is.

He isn't Lamar. He isn't elite. He isn't a playmaking running QB. Not fast enough. 

I mean, yeah. He's not the GOAT running QB. But he should be able to do what Daniel Jones does for the Giants.

Edited by seminoles1

Just now, KingTitan said:

lol I guess.

what, and you'd look forward to watching tannehill and downing? lol it's the same either way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

lol I guess.

What's the alternative? Hope the division continues to suck so we can limp to 10 wins max and an early playoff exit?

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

It’s not even a knee jerk comment at this point

downing is legit AWFUL

i don't even know why i ever thought downing might actually use willis in a way that makes sense. he couldn't even figure out how to run a damn gadget play. dude had him lining up at WR and taking an end around lmao. he has to go if we're to have any hope of a competent offense.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

It’s not even a knee jerk comment at this point

downing is legit AWFUL

Yeah, there’s no path to long-term offensive success with Todd Downing. He’s proven entirely incapable of making a single adjustment regardless of what personnel he has available or what the defense is doing.