Subzero Bowl - Raiders v. Steelers GDT!

Totty

5 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Before he got his deal I was hoping he would take like closer to 17-20 mil a year it was delusional I know lol.

Well if he wants to remain a Raider, that’s probably his only option now.. unless they don’t even give him that option.. 

• Like 1

This one stings… game was there to be had and we gave it away. Foster needs to kick rocks, it feels like he does something dumb every game. Love DC and what he’s brought to the organization but him and McDaniels seem to be like water and oil. How many times this season have we seen a qb take his team down field w at least 45 seconds left and timeouts? Hell, even Minshew got the Eagles in FG range at the end of their game earlier. Some of those throws by DC were just absurd. Also, not one back shoulder throw to DA?! This guy made a living with A-Rod doing back-shoulders yet DC can’t even put it the vicinity. Not sure if that’s on play-calling or what but with those matchups, it should be pitch and catch. No one the Steelers have in the secondary besides Minkah can hold DA’s jock, yet he’s being locked down? Just frustrating… I can’t even blame the coach too much on this one bcs I actually thought he called an okay game but the execution was not there. I don’t think very highly of JMD as a HC but I think he has easy scapegoats to point the finger at. FA & Draft szn is upon us a little early this year…

Anyways, Happy Holiday’s!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What to hear @Totty thoughts of the game while being there. Being there in person and seeing the whole field gives you a different perspective. 

I'll start by saying there were Sideline arguments.  I don't think everything is kosher. In the beginning of the game, McDaniels would meet with Carr after every possession. Even after the first pick, McDaniels was in his ear.  As the game progressed, McDaniel and Carr seemed less and less on the same page. Defensively, we seemed energetic all game even with the weather.  Think we wore down at the end after the offense kept punting.  

Quick takes

Carr and McDaniels aren't on the same page

The offensive line in person looks worse than on tv.

Waller looks distant on the sidelines.  When he's not in the game he's rarely around anyone or talking to coaches

Hobbs was doing extra work pre game, he needs to do even more apparently.

The Steelers fans were out of it after the first TD.  We let them back in.  

Of course Raider nation was on point.  

It was COLD.  I don't mean like general wear a coat type weather cold states are used to.  I've loved withing 60 miles of Pittsburgh most of my life (upstate NY for a while) and it was COLD COLD even our area wasn't prepared for how cold it was.  I'm just glad the game was Saturday night not Friday night.  

I think the Derek Carr ship has sailed.  I don't believe it's all on him, but I believe this is it. 

• Like 10

9 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

It’s now morning time and Renfrow is still WIDE open. 

That route concept was brilliant. One of the best of the year. Adams pulled everybody leaving renfrow wide open, at least for a stretch. If Carr threw a bullet that's at least 40 yards. Instead he floated it with pressure and threw the worst timed INT of the year. Incredibly frustrating.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That route concept was brilliant. One of the best of the year. Adams pulled everybody leaving renfrow wide open, at least for a stretch. If Carr threw a bullet that's at least 40 yards. Instead he floated it with pressure and threw the worst timed INT of the year. Incredibly frustrating.

Sounds like I am in for a fun game replay.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Even an under thrown ball is a better pass cause of the cushion Renfrow had from Minkah and the two other DBs in the area. 

Look at that open field where the ball should have been thrown to. Renfrow would have been at the 40 easily. 

• Like 2