Week 16 Gameday Discussion

TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, Soggust said:

MVP is clearly Mahomes' to lose at this point. If he finishes these last two games strong, there will be no argument. If he has a terrible game or two, I could maybe see Burrow slipping in with super strong performances to end the season, (or Hurts if they both absolutely crash and burn), but I do think Mahomes needs multiple-pick games for that to happen.

I don't think Allen is in the race anymore tbh, no disrespect. 

Jefferson is never winning MVP with single digit TDs especially when the record he is setting was just set last year by a better season. I get the "vote to give him a nod" kind of thing, but it's really silly at this point to consider him a real contender. 

edit - im posting under the influence apparently - sorry I thought kupp set it last year, but point is still relevant I think. 

Mahomes might be entering prime Lebron status for the NFL.  He should probably win it every year, but because that's boring he won't

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Mahomes might be entering prime Lebron status for the NFL.  He should probably win it every year, but because that's boring he won't

He had no case the last 3 years. It’s flat out disrespectful  to Lamar and Rodgers mvp seasons lol

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

He had no case the last 3 years. It’s flat out disrespectful  to Lamar and Rodgers mvp seasons lol

It's the same with LeBron, it's a myth that he should have all the MVP awards. He has cases for a few that he he missed, but he should not have won 10 straight as some foolishly say lol. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's the same with LeBron, it's a myth that he should have all the MVP awards. He has cases for a few that he he missed, but he should not have won 10 straight as some foolishly say lol.

Yup. Looking back at the end of a career, yeah it's weird to think LeBron only has 4 MVPs, Brady only has 3, etc. But if you actually look at each individual season, you could only argue 1 or maybe 2 more. Mahomes will probably end up being the same.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

As a Chiefs fan, I wasn't going to correct it - but yeah you are 100% right.

He could have won it in 2020 had the covid vax come out sooner and Aaron Rodgers hadn't hacked the records department or whatever tf he did to make his stats look like that, but I do think Allen still would have won it (fairly). Because even though I think you can argue the stats favored Mahomes, comparing Allen's supporting cast that year I believe would have carried him with the voters.

I'm gonna go ahead and say I don't think Josh Allen ever wins an MVP tbh. His stats are always going to have this level of variance which would take a perfect storm (and not playing literally half a season of games in hellacious weather) to get him the award, so Mahomes could also get the effect of nabbing an additional MVP or two despite the underlying #'s and metrics being comparable. But at this point he's going to win this year and that'll be his 2nd and it'll be the 2nd he's deserved, the other years clearly had other players more deserving, it's not outlandish it's the same diminishing that people did with Steve Nash and that's disrespectful. 

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah people need to understand being the best player in a vacuum doesn’t mean you had the best season every year