MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

14 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

They are just throwing a bunch of **** out there to see what sticks with the fans.

The problem with that is, no matter what they pick, there is going to be a very loud vocal (and likely very stupid for the most part) opposition from some teams fans

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

How does this even work? If Schefty's name wasn't attached I wouldn't believe it because it literally makes no sense...

I think it makes sense.  In a year with an unprecedented incident in a game with drastic seeding ramifications, making an exception based on extraordinary circumstances.  It's a compromise.

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I like the options idea. I think the bye is the better pick but then each side gets something out of it.

Mike Brown would 100% take that extra home game of revenue.  About to hand Burrow a half billion dollar contract, every little bit helps.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"After careful deliberation, we the NFL have decided to let the winning team pick what they want so that no one can blame us."

They likely know they'll be blamed by someone no matter what the decision is.  There is no clear answer.

4 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

How does this even work? If Schefty's name wasn't attached I wouldn't believe it because it literally makes no sense...

I would guess the 1 seed would play the 7 seed in the WC round and the 2 seed gets the bye. Then everything is reseeded for divisional round like usual. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

The problem with that is, no matter what they pick, there is going to be a very loud vocal (and likely very stupid for the most part) opposition from some teams fans

You mean the complete sorrow everyone felt for Damar Hamlin will immediately dissipate from some fanbases as soon as they feel like their team got screwed over? And that could happen as early as this Sunday?! No way!

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

You mean the complete sorrow everyone felt for Damar Hamlin will immediately dissipate from some fanbases as soon as they feel like their team got screwed over? And that could happen as early as this Sunday?! No way!

I assume this is sarcastic, but you never know with the internet, lol.  Most of the unifying goodwill behind his recovery is already almost gone.  Then again, my main source of this is Twitter, aka, the cess pool of humanity.

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

What an odd scenario Schefter talked about..... Feel like I need some time to wrap my head around it and see the pros and cons.

Seems like a fair compromise as the Chiefs are being gifted the 1 seed without the 2/3 deciding things on the field (1/3 when they played).  Assuming they don't **** the bed against Vegas.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Seems like a fair compromise as the Chiefs are being gifted the 1 seed without the 2/3 deciding things on the field (1/3 when they played).  Assuming they don't **** the bed against Vegas.

On the surface, I agree. The one thing I didn't know off the top would be who the 2 and 3 seed would be and what scenarios are in play there. Would the 3 seed has a gripe here?

I would hate if a team got screwed over and would *hope* no one would complain about this one time rule change (assuming) based on the situation that got us here

13 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Have you guys figured this out yet? Because I’m pretty sure the NFL is waiting for all the ideas to come out of here before they pick one. 

=========================================

14 hours ago, Soggust said:

Maybe its just because of Reid, but man, I think I'd prefer the bye much more than HFA. 

Mahomes is actually slightly better on the road iirc.

You take HFA, We take Bye, Screw the Bengals?

On 1/2/2023 at 10:17 PM, BayRaider said:

It would suck pretty hard if the Chiefs were allowed to get the #1 seed and the Bills don't have the opportunity to tie the record (which they have the tie breaker).

If the Bills finish 13-3 and Kansas City 14-3, I think the AFC Championship (if both teams make it) should be played on a Neutral Field. I think this would be a fair compromise?

========================================

47 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1