MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

Nor do we…. That’s my point. We both lost that opportunity with the cancellation. 

I keep asking about the 2/3 scenario because another poster told me I was wrong and the Bengals were locked at 3.

So KC can be 1 or 2.

Bills can be 1,2 or 3.

Bengals can be 2 or 3. 

Did I get all that right? 

Yes, and if you do not see why the Bengals would be upset with us I don’t know what else to tell you

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

your guy Burrow was “outside looking in” at the MVP race. Having that as your primary take away from a dude momentarily dying on the field that your guy got screwed is crazy.

Primary takeaway? No. Partly a consequence of this tragedy that leaves me feeling dirty. Yes. How can it not?

The Ravens were potentially impacted by what they did with the outcome of the Bengals game but i couldn’t have cared less

The Bengals have far more at stake, and had far more to lose.

We should be questioning whether this sport should even be continuing let alone who wins mvp and who gets second place in the conference. Standings and seedlings and accolades as your primary take away means you missed the point of what went down the other night.

this discussion is everything wrong with NFL. These players are just meat for the grinder of entertainment for so many fans. That dude was straight up dead on the field for like 10 minutes, but the fans are the victim if they don’t get rewarded a win for it. There’s a sickness underlying that perspective

If you want to parade around on your morale high horse, be my guest. The harsh reality of life is that horrible, unspeakable things happen to good people. The recourse isn't to throw the baby out with the bathwater and chastise people who don't fit your ideals.

Edited by SmittyBacall
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Hamlin didn’t almost die. He died and was brought back to life. He had no brain activity, was unable to breathe, and had no heart beat. 

but ya the emotions of “my favourite widdle team got their fee fees hurt by potentially playing a road football game” are what’s important. 

you folks are sick. 

I don't mean to appear sarcastic, make a joke, or disrespectful towards you. Take a step back, drink a beer, get a massage, or whatever. You seem to be way wound up over this. I say that not to downplay the severity of Damar's issue.

I haven't read this whole thread. But I'm sure someone else has already made some type of post as another accident.

People die every day in cars, working out, running, at the gym, other sports, while there sleeping. Should we all stop doing these activities?

And If I'm going to apparently be "sick" or the "bad guy" Think about all of the other people shutting games down, moving games, the fans, vendors, commerce affected by some of the ideas posted here over the last few days. Yes, again, it sucks. And this would apply to any sport if something similar happened.

LIFE HAS TO GO ON AND IT WILL WHETHER ANYONE IS READY FOR IT OR WANT IT TO. Also, and again, I'd put money on this. I doubt Damar would want anything to change either.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yes, and if you do not see why the Bengals would be upset with us I don’t know what else to tell you

Even you isolate the Bengals aspect:

Before is was beat Buffalo, beat Baltimore and 2 seed. Lose to Buffalo, beat Baltimore and 3 seed. Lose to Buffalo and Baltimore and 5/6 seed. 

Now it’s beat Baltimore and hope Buffalo loses and 2 seed. Lose to Baltimore, still AFCN champs by record, but are away for WC round. 

5 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I don't mean to appear sarcastic, make a joke, or disrespectful towards you. Take a step back, drink a beer, get a massage, or whatever. You seem to be way wound up over this. I say that not to downplay the severity of Damar's issue.

I haven't read this whole thread. But I'm sure someone else has already made some type of post as another accident.

People die every day in cars, working out, running, at the gym, other sports, while there sleeping. Should we all stop doing these activities?

And If I'm going to apparently be "sick" or the "bad guy" Think about all of the other people shutting games down, moving games, the fans, vendors, commerce affected by some of the ideas posted here over the last few days. Yes, again, it sucks. And this would apply to any sport if something similar happened.

LIFE HAS TO GO ON AND IT WILL WHETHER ANYONE IS READY FOR IT OR WANT IT TO. Also, and again, I'd put money on this. I doubt Damar would want anything to change either.

So your entertainment is more valuable than a single humans life, How many players would have to die before the NFL should stop and a single road game stops being important ? Just asking. 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

So much virtue signaling in this thread and not looking at the big picture. Bengals are getting hosed when they were beating Buffalo.

If WWE can continue PPVs after Owen Hart died and Chris Benoit went missing (and have shows on the week the murder suicide was discovered) the NFL could have continued this game.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Only fair solution is to cancel the rest of Buffalos season, call them Super Bowl champs, have everyone else play a 31 team tournament for draft picks. 

Guarantee you there's gonna be sone shady officating in Buffalo games.

8 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

So your entertainment is more valuable than a single humans life? How many players would have to die before the NFL should stop and a single road game stops being important ? Just asking. 

I'm not making them go out and play football or any other sport. If anyone doesn't want to play football or any other sport then it's up to me or anyone else whether the product is good enough to support.

Look man, the reality is much of it is about money. And I'm not talking about the NFL suits and owners. But for a majority of players this sport literally isd life changing for them and their family. I think Marcus Spears said this yesterday. It's a game they've been playing and loved since they were 6 years old. Suddenly they're 21 and damn, we're going to get a lot of money playing this game. Hell yea, sign me up. Of course, some players have called it quits early in their career to due injury concerns. Who was it from the 49'ers a few ago, a LB'er. In the league for 2/3 years, young, strong, still healthy. He retired. And that's fine. I don't blame him for a second. his decision. Just like it is for all athletes in all sports.

In the context of Damar's horrible incident....you for real man? No one died on the field, permanently, for what, over 50 years.

We agree to disagree.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1

Just now, biggie. said:

Guarantee you there's gonna be sone shady officating in Buffalo games.

I wouldn’t say shady, but after listening to the podcast about the NBA/Donahough scandal I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable in saying I think there’s going to be some small things that get called/don’t that isn’t super obvious. 

4 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

So your entertainment is more valuable than a single humans life, How many players would have to die before the NFL should stop and a single road game stops being important ? Just asking. 

For as much as you think you're putting life in perspective, you're skewing it drastically. 

How common is commotio cordis?

Commotio cordis is very rare. Only about two dozen cases are reported every year.

“It’s actually more common in activities like martial arts and sometimes baseball, if you catch a baseball to the chest. It’s pretty uncommon in football,” Dr. Kelly says. “Football’s extremely dangerous for a variety of reasons, but this is generally not one of them.”

Perhaps since Commodio Cordis (assuming this was the cause) is more prevalent in baseball, softball, hockey, and other sports, we should just end sports entirely?

Comm-Cordis-Pie-Chart.jpg

https://healthtalk.unchealthcare.org/what-happens-in-commotio-cordis/

I don't even want to be having this conversation. It's stupid. The focus should be on Damar's recovery, and how his tragedy unfortunately has changed the landscape of the NFL. Period.