MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

Odd solution: Cancel the KC/Raiders game W18.

That way, the top 3 seeds (KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati) have 16 game. Oakland has nothing to really play for outside of draft seeding, and the results of W18 (Buf v NEP, Cin v Bal) will truly be based on an accurate W/L percentage. 

Edit: Even if Buffalo beat NEP, they'd be 13-3 along with KC, but 5-0 vs 4-2 in division would give KC the tiebreaker.

• Like 3

The only solution that makes much sense to me is a complete cancel and it works out as a tie for seeding purposes. If the game gets played after week 18, it means absolutely nothing for Cincy if they win this week. So they'd likely just rest starters and Buffalo easily gets the bye. Not sure what the point of that would be.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

That way, the top 3 seeds (KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati) have 16 game. Oakland has nothing to really play for outside of draft seeding, and the results of W18 (Buf v NEP, Cin v Bal) will truly be based on an accurate W/L percentage. 

Problem is that gets between the league and it's media money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

They won't do this but I actually love this solution.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Soggust said:

If the Bills were forced to take a tie/loss/no contest where they lose the 1 seed, would it make sense at that point to just sit out the Pats game and get an extra week to grieve? 

No because if the Bengals played and beat the Ravens then the Bills would fall to the 3 seed. Which means they would have to travel to Cincy to beat them in Cincy, then to KC and win there to make the SB. 

Whole playoffs could have an asterik and dark cloud depending what they do. 

I think they somehow play the game because handing the Bengals the AFC North title when they play the Ravens in the final week doesn't seem correct. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Ravens needed this game to be played and for Cincinnati to lose. I am not sure this does anything for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

The only solution that makes much sense to me is a complete cancel and it works out as a tie for seeding purposes. If the game gets played after week 18, it means absolutely nothing for Cincy if they win this week. So they'd likely just rest starters and Buffalo easily gets the bye. Not sure what the point of that would be.

Yep. Don't get into a game of NFL schedule fairness whack a mole because it won't go anywhere.

The fans will have to accept that there is no perfect answer, tinkering won't fix it, and the best thing to do is minimize the damage by only impacting one game.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Edit: Even if Buffalo beat NEP, they'd be 13-3 along with KC, but 5-0 vs 4-2 in division would give KC the tiebreaker.

Isn't the tie breaker head to head? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That’s incorrect 

2 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Isn't the tie breaker head to head? 

I think it's division record, then head to head - memory is fuzzy on that one.

Edit: Yeah, H2H. Got it mixed up. So, this IS a solution for this here.

3 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

Ravens needed this game to be played and for Cincinnati to lose. I am not sure this does anything for them.

Ok, this is pretty significant then.