MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

While it wasn’t from a reputable source I read a tweet that said the Bills are considering not playing this weekend - while the source of the tweet was probably speaking out of their *** I also wonder if there is some truth in it - it would have been a short week anyway and I’m sure there isn’t going to much practice going on now.

3 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

While it wasn’t from a reputable source I read a tweet that said the Bills are considering not playing this weekend - while the source of the tweet was probably speaking out of their *** I also wonder if there is some truth in it - it would have been a short week anyway and I’m sure there isn’t going to much practice going on now.

They might have a short week of practice but as we have gotten the first hints of good news in 18 hours - I believe they will pull together and face New England.

5 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

There's no pick me up quite like smoking the Patriots.

I feel like if the Bills lose to the Patriots, it will be an ugly game where we see an understandable but unfortunate end to their season (meaning they don't play up to expectations in playoffs), given the teams morale.

I'm actually a bit more scared of the Bills coming out, beating the Patriots, rallying around Hamlin like every movie ever and an inspired Playoff Josh Allen making a SB run.

Edited by Soggust
poor word choice

46 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

This is what it’s come to, semantics? 

No? this is not a semantic difference, it is a technical one.

Chiefs played the expected number of games, the same number of games everyone else has played. Saying they played an "extra" game is outright false by every single stretch of the word. The Bills, if the game isn't resumed, did not - they played one less game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I feel like if the Bills lose to the Patriots, it will be an ugly game where we see an understandable but unfortunate end to their season (meaning they don't play up to expectations in playoffs), given the teams morale.

I'm actually a bit more scared of the Bills coming out, beating the Patriots, rallying around Hamlin like every movie ever and an inspired Playoff Josh Allen making a SB run.

On the flip side, if Hamlin improves (and the admittedly scant available details are pointing this way), their morale may yet be renewed and they annihilate the 1st opponent that they line up with.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh
updated quote

1 minute ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

On the flip side, if Hamlin improves (and the admittedly scant available details are pointing this way), their morale may yet be renewed and they annihilate the 1st opponent that they line up with.

mvps really dont win SBs, huh

this is a Bills year dammit

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

better for both the Bengals and Bills, yes

Better for other teams playing a full schedule, no

I don’t really care about the other teams playing a full schedule. It’s not like the Bills and Bengals just refused too, it’s an unfortunate and unprecedented situation. That calls for unusual circumstances which can result in teams playing less games or short weeks or coin flips as example. 

I would rather the game is played. One way or another if possible. Even though it’ll result in a short week and possibly multiple short weeks for both the Bengals and Bills. 

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I don’t really care about the other teams playing a full schedule.

Clearly. I do care, though, which is perhaps the source of our disagreement

It’s not like the Bills and Bengals just refused too, it’s an unfortunate and unprecedented situation. That calls for unusual circumstances which can result in teams playing less games or short weeks or coin flips as example.

I understand that. I still believe strongly it is inherently unfair to let either of these teams potentially benefit from this situation at the expense of another team. A default win would be unheard of in the NFL, and rightfully so.

I would rather the game is played. One way or another if possible. Even though it’ll result in a short week and possibly multiple short weeks for both the Bengals and Bills. 

Of that I agree.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Clearly. I do care, though, which is perhaps the source of our disagreement

I potentially would in a different situation. But based on your criteria of earning it on the field, the Chiefs lost to both the Bills and Bengals this season. So I have hard time buying into them being the victim of the situation should the Bills have a “default win” AND beat NE.

7 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I understand that. I still believe strongly it is inherently unfair to let either of these teams potentially benefit from this situation at the expense of another team. A default win would be unheard of in the NFL, and rightfully so.

I don’t see it being at the expense of another team at all. I also don’t think either team or both should be penalized because of a situation completely out of their hands 

• Like 1