2018 QBs

brooks1957

30 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Besides being tall what exactly does Rosen do better than Mayfield?

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

his name isn't an occupation. His parents weren't smoking dope obviously. 

...'cause "YAHWEH is pink salvation" is so much smoother and well thought out ;).

If Mayfield was 6'4, he'd be the #1 pick. He isn't. It's not the biggest factor in a prospect, but it is very important. He's a tick below Darnold and Rosen as a result. The other thing that Darnold and Rosen have going for them is they play in more of a pro style offense. Mayfield is in the gun playing against vanilla zones against vanilla defenses. Rosen and Darnold can both go under and see far more man coverage.

There's a little more guessing with Baker than there is with the other two. I think Mayfield can be good, but there's less concerns with Darnold and Rosen right now. Their size and the way in which they produce is different than Mayfield.

I think Mayfield is a better version of Manziel as well, but I still don't think we can take him #1 given the question marks that exist with him.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:
1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

If Mayfield was 6'4, he'd be the #1 pick. He isn't. It's not the biggest factor in a prospect, but it is very important. He's a tick below Darnold and Rosen as a result. The other thing that Darnold and Rosen have going for them is they play in more of a pro style offense. Mayfield is in the gun playing against vanilla zones against vanilla defenses. Rosen and Darnold can both go under and see far more man coverage.

There's a little more guessing with Baker than there is with the other two. I think Mayfield can be good, but there's less concerns with Darnold and Rosen right now. Their size and the way in which they produce is different than Mayfield.

I think Mayfield is a better version of Manziel as well, but I still don't think we can take him #1 given the question marks that exist with him.

Average NFL passer height: 6'3".  Mayfield is 6'1" with a sturdy build.  There's the debate in a nutshell.  It's time to stop talking about height like it is even a top-10 consideration when it comes to a passer, barring extremes.  Mayfield is the best player in this draft and is NOT 5'7", 170lbs.  Take him #1.  He's Rivers all day to me--been saying this for a long time.

I'll add that Mayfield is charismatic & likable while Rosen seems very intelligent but not necessarily like someone who inspires his team.  I'm not sure about Darnold.  There is something about him that makes me think he might bust, actually, though no one else seems to feel this way.  There are always going to be things to look at with all passers when under the microscope for a top pick in a draft, but I like Mayfield.  I can see his law stuff being in the past now--doesn't do drugs or hit women, as far as I know--and loves the game.  I don't know if Rosen loves the game, even though he's very good.  I think Darnold isn't ready yet and shouldn't come out.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

I'll add that Mayfield is charismatic & likable while Rosen seems very intelligent but not necessarily like someone who inspires his team.  I'm not sure about Darnold.  There is something about him that makes me think he might bust, actually, though no one else seems to feel this way.  There are always going to be things to look at with all passers when under the microscope for a top pick in a draft, but I like Mayfield.  I can see his law stuff being in the past now--doesn't do drugs or hit women, as far as I know--and loves the game.  I don't know if Rosen loves the game, even though he's very good.  I think Darnold isn't ready yet and shouldn't come out.

I never underestimate a players ability to bust. Remember Hackenberg, dude looked like a future all-pro his freshman season and just kept getting worse. 

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Mayfield didnt have too much trouble against Ohio St. who plays allott of man-coverage with their talented corners.

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Rosen gets a rep because his parents had money and he was out there for having the hot tub/pool or whatever in his dorm room. He also was the top guy as a recruit, so before he really earned accolade it was given to him. Call it the Jimmy Clausen effect. 

After seeing him play and hearing more about him, Rosen is a stand up teammate. He supposedly takes his linemen out to dinner, gets them gifts, etc. Also for anyone who watched his game from last night, the guy is a competitor and was pissed off that he was taken out of the game and couldn't finish. Kudos to his staff for not being selfish and keeping him in the game, knowing that he is most likely going to be a top 5 pick in the draft. 

34 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Rosen gets a rep because his parents had money and he was out there for having the hot tub/pool or whatever in his dorm room. He also was the top guy as a recruit, so before he really earned accolade it was given to him. Call it the Jimmy Clausen effect. 

After seeing him play and hearing more about him, Rosen is a stand up teammate. He supposedly takes his linemen out to dinner, gets them gifts, etc. Also for anyone who watched his game from last night, the guy is a competitor and was pissed off that he was taken out of the game and couldn't finish. Kudos to his staff for not being selfish and keeping him in the game, knowing that he is most likely going to be a top 5 pick in the draft. 

Honestly I like Rosen a lot as well.  I actually like what he had to say, though it's the kind of stuff that might really scare NFL owners even more than Mayfield getting arrested for being drunk in public during college.  I am totally comfortable taking Mayfield or Rosen #1, though Mayfield is my top choice.  I hope all that you are saying is true about his being a great teammate--seems like leaks have been going on for a while now that suggest otherwise.

4 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Mayfield didnt have too much trouble against Ohio St. who plays allott of man-coverage with their talented corners.

I would argue that Mayfield has a superior arm than both Rosen/Darnold and he is more accurate than both. The only reason people have them higher is because they are 3 inches taller. 

Also, who cares if he just works out of the shotgun, thats all Hue runs anyways is shotgun handoffs. Thats todays NFL with a few under center plays sprinkled in.

Here is a passage from Walter Football on Josh Rosen for those who want him badly. 

"NFL coaches and owners are wary of the sort of things Rosen has discussed to the media, and his open views could hurt him. Scouts have told us that his teammates don't like him either, so that's a major strike against him. And for the cherry on top, even his high school coach criticized him. However, Rosen has been prolific in some big games this year, so that could push him into the top spot"

No..thank...you

Its either Mayfield or Jackson

Archived