GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs Derrick Henry (EZ Dub Edt. -- Yes I said it)

NoFlyZone

12 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

If you only want to focus on numbers, sure 

But if you look at them in context, the majority of turnovers is his TEAM failing in their end.

Even that second pick tonight. Lazy play by Schultz. Not a great decision by Dak, kind of a 50-50 error. But Schultz makes NO ATTEMPT to attack that ball and then stands there bored looking as Byard ran off with it. Lazy. Just lazy.

Got to feel bad for Dak. People who only look at numbers and ignore the contexts of football are going to rag on him, while the story is far less "Dak sucks" and more "This team is so poorly coached."

Schultz should not be on the field again after that kind of play. Send a message that lazy is unacceptable. And Dak? Kellen needs to ground that ball. It's the teams strength. You traded away it's top receiver and brought in no one to replace him even as a #2. But you invested in the ground game. So USE IT. Dak plays best when he doesn't have to make 4 miracle plays a drive. Every QB does.

Why do you think the Cowboys have not been close to a Super Bowl in over 25 years? The answer is not that difficult. As far as Dak I never said he’s a a bad  qb he’s good just not elite. I’ve said always stated this. I have said many times what Daks flaws are so not going over that again. Like you said this team is poorly coached and has been since Bill retired. Nothing will change they will make mistakes in the playoffs and get bullied by either the 49ers or Eagles if they even make it that far. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Outside of his 20 something yard run, Davis didn’t do very well either. But, that doesn’t take away from the fact Zeke is a JAG at this point in his career. He just is. 

That wouldn’t have been a 20 yard run for Zeke. I can almost guarantee that if you gave Davis Zekes’ 19 carries he would have more than 39 yards

Yeah, guys, zeke is nothing more than a goal line rb and good pass protector at this point.  He’s way overpaid for what he does.  He’s gotta go.  

For a bright spot in the near future though… I really like our rookies at TE.  I don’t think there will be a huge drop off at all from Schultz and hopefully Schultz nets us a good comp pick.  

31 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Yeah, guys, zeke is nothing more than a goal line rb and good pass protector at this point.  He’s way overpaid for what he does.  He’s gotta go.  

For a bright spot in the near future though… I really like our rookies at TE.  I don’t think there will be a huge drop off at all from Schultz and hopefully Schultz nets us a good comp pick.  

Hendershot and Ferguson are definitely a bright spot moving forward. 

51 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I agree.  I liked Ferguson when he was drafted.  Hendershot has been a nice surprise.

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

And it’s just coincidence that the blocking was there for Malik Davis?

Was it really any different for Davis outside of one run? The Titans have a really solid run stopping unit, and they definitely played well yesterday. Zeke was frequently being met at the LOS and having to power through for yards. It’s not like the night was really indicative of how his season has been, either. He likely goes over 1k rushing yards with 12+ rushing TDs if not for hurting his knee and missing time. Which is certainly good for a RB in a committee.

And again, of course he isn’t what he used to be, but ‘washed’ is a pretty big stretch. 

17 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Was it really any different for Davis outside of one run? The Titans have a really solid run stopping unit, and they definitely played well yesterday. Zeke was frequently being met at the LOS and having to power through for yards. It’s not like the night was really indicative of how his season has been, either. He likely goes over 1k rushing yards with 12+ rushing TDs if not for hurting his knee and missing time. Which is certainly good for a RB in a committee.

And again, of course he isn’t what he used to be, but ‘washed’ is a pretty big stretch. 

Honestly could see him retiring at the end of the year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Re:Zeke - I’m betting he agrees to a big pay cut and they keep him around. But definitely no chance they can keep him with his current contract.

Re: Rookie tight ends, I totally agree. They are far ahead of where Schultz was as a rookie, and I think they will be more dynamic weapons in the passing game.

9 hours ago, cromagnum said:

Why do you think the Cowboys have not been close to a Super Bowl in over 25 years? The answer is not that difficult. As far as Dak I never said he’s a a bad  qb he’s good just not elite. I’ve said always stated this. I have said many times what Daks flaws are so not going over that again. Like you said this team is poorly coached and has been since Bill retired. Nothing will change they will make mistakes in the playoffs and get bullied by either the 49ers or Eagles if they even make it that far. 

We have to have the most negative fanbase in sports. The team is 12-4. You could swear the team is 4-12 by the way the fanbase acts… especially on the forum. The negativity is super irrational. Why do you people watch and support the team if you’re so miserable about it? You know you aren’t obligated, right?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

We have to have the most negative fanbase in sports. The team is 12-4. You could swear the team is 4-12 by the way the fanbase acts… especially on the forum. The negativity is super irrational. Why do you people watch and support the team if you’re so miserable about it? You know you aren’t obligated, right?

The Venn Diagram of fans who thought we’d have a losing record and fans who think this team is an underperforming disappointment is a circle. 

1 hour ago, NoFlyZone said:

What you perceive as negativity is just realism.  I’ve been watching football long enough to know that this team is not built for playoff football.  We turn the ball over way too much and we can’t stop the run.  Those are the two must important aspects of playoff football.  It’s the same way I knew last year that we were going to lose to SF.  

I know this is going to hurt people’s e-feelings because it’s been a fun regular season mixed in with a few brain fart games. Our postseason success will be 100% dependent on limiting Dak’s ability to lose games by establishing the run and it the defense can’t stop the run, they better force lots of turnovers.