Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Most of that is from the old regime. 

Don’t matter to me, I’m not into pointing fingers just tired of the same old bs. And it not like the new regime is off to some great start, we’ll have dead cap next year from Jones contract. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I honestly had high hopes for Littleton, that was definitely done after year 1. Lol! Nassib and drake were not good signings, especially considering the costs of both. 

Everyone liked the Littleton signing 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NickButera said:

Waivers don't apply to Carr. He's a 4+ veteran and wasn't waived. 

To NYRaider, he is allowed to sign at any moment in time because he is being released (as opposed to a team allowing his contract to expire). He wont get paid until next league year, but he can sign now.  The Free Agency date of March 15th and tampering rules only apply to currently contracted players, who's contacts haven't expired with their teams yet. But current UFA's can sign at any point in time. 

Now that I think about it..... I wonder if his signing bonus would fall under the 2022 year for amortization purposes. Could help a team spread out his cap hit even further.. 

The bonus can still only be spread over fives years and since we carry over cap space it really does not matter.

Raiders play the Jets next year in Vegas. A team that will certainly look to go after Derek. Raiders also play the Colts but in Indy next year another team that could look at Derek. Could be a very fun year next year especially if the Raiders do land Rodgers cause the Raiders also play the Packers next year as well. 

Edited by agarcia34

11 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders play the Jets next year in Vegas. A team that will certainly look to go after Derek. Raiders also play the Colts but in Indy next year another team that could look at Derek. Could be a very fun year next year especially if the Raiders do land Rodgers cause the Raiders also play the Packers next year as well. 

I don’t see him going to the Jets but is a possibility.

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just got back home didn’t see one sad raider fan today. 

Nope, the guy I saw at Casey’s this morning was pretty chipper. Lol all kidding aside, I’ll thank carr for his services, and move the eff on. Gonna be a damn competitive market for QBs. Should be interesting, I’d still go under the radar and kick the tires on minshew for this year, him and stidham battle it out and we work the draft with many qb needy teams to our advantage. For this draft and next years as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

Nope, the guy I saw at Casey’s this morning was pretty chipper. Lol all kidding aside, I’ll thank carr for his services, and move the eff on. Gonna be a damn competitive market for QBs. Should be interesting, I’d still go under the radar and kick the tires on minshew for this year, him and stidham battle it out and we work the draft with many qb needy teams to our advantage. For this draft and next years as well. 

I could live with that, and I’d certainly much prefer it to over paying for a totally uninspiring Jimmy Garoppolo for example.

It’s only worth paying a QB if you think he’s going to be an improvement on Carr, Rodgers is the only one I see right now and even then it doesn’t feel like the right time really.

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

Same.

except baker for me but I like stashman too

ive been messing around with some mocks where I trade down 3 times and basically start drafting early 2nd round.

I wouldn’t mind that

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I agree, Rogers will cost everything, but he’s an improvement no doubt. But it will set us back in the long run. even 30 mil for jimmy g seems like a fortune. 

He’s turning into the bill Walton of football can’t wait to let waller hang out with him in the darkness. Mater of fact has anyone seen waller since Rogers went into darkness lol

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Same.

except baker for me but I like stashman too

ive been messing around with some mocks where I trade down 3 times and basically start drafting early 2nd round.

I wouldn’t mind that

Baker is interesting, I’m just not interested in jimmy g, especially for the price. I’d rather do brissett/minshew/mayfield than jimmy. Just me. Yes, trading down is absolutely what I’d do. If you could get something like Gonzales/ porter, dexter/tuli and andrews/van ness/Carter. With those first 3 picks that’s a good start. Then maybe overshown in the 3rd. Then find guards ,a safety ,another te etc later. That’s not even mentioning FA. 

Guess it all depends on Mark Davis now. Yikes.  

If he has assured Josh he has multiple years then they can go more of a rebuild path. Draft a QB or go the cheap veteran route. Use draft picks to build up the roster.

However, if Josh is on the hot seat this year, as he should be, they'll be pushing to win as much as possible and mortgage the future. Rodgers or Jimmy G.