Week 17 Games

Leader

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Certainly hope this isn't the case, but I remember when Lion's player Chuck Hughes died after being hit in a game against Chicago...Prayers going out....

Didn't **** Butkus kick him and tell him to get up, or this that just football stories. 

Just now, PackFan13 said:

Hopefully them not rushing out ASAP in the ambulance was a good sign that he was at least breathing okay. I doubt this game continues. Did they finish out that game when that Titan or Bills special teamer was paralyzed years ago? 

They were giving him oxygen as he left the field. This is just scary ****. 

I don't think past precedent has no bearing on what is going on tonight. With all due respect, if the guy you were referring to was breathing on his own and not in a life-threatening situation, that is light years different. 

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

Apparently the ambulance was waiting for his family to go with him to the hospital. That's a great sign that he's going to live. Terrifying situation all around. 

Yeah, I don't think they wait for anybody if it's paramount to get him to hospital as soon as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

They were giving him oxygen as he left the field. This is just scary ****. 

I don't think past precedent has no bearing on what is going on tonight. With all due respect, if the guy you were referring to was breathing on his own and not in a life-threatening situation, that is light years different. 

I agree it doesn't matter, I was more pointing out how absurd to continue after that man was paralyzed .  Everett's injury was also life threatening. 

• Like 1

The puzzling part for me is this does not look like it was a neck or spinal injury. He got up then collapsed backwards. It looked weird. 

It seems more like a cardiac thing than a spinal injury, even though they brought out the backboard. 

Any folks who have more of a medical background who have an educated guess here? 

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

OK they just suspended the game.  Reading up on it looks like he may have severed his spinal cord.  Really hope not but given what we are hearing that might be the case.  Pretty damn serious. 

How would he have gotten up if he severed his spinal cord? I have ZERO medical background, but he got up from the hit. 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

How would he have gotten up if he severed his spinal cord? I have ZERO medical background, but he got up from the hit. 

Adrenaline?  Man I don't know just speculating.  Either spinal cord or heart.  In any case it doesn't look good at all.