Week 17 Games

Leader

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The puzzling part for me is this does not look like it was a neck or spinal injury. He got up then collapsed backwards. It looked weird. 

It seems more like a cardiac thing than a spinal injury, even though they brought out the backboard. 

Any folks who have more of a medical background who have an educated guess here? 

They would have brought out the backboard to be able to lift/transport him because of him being unconscious and because they likely had no idea as to what caused him to collapse.

The speculation that I've seen (and that's all we have is speculation) is that the blow to the chest can throw the heart out of rhythm which leads to cardiac arrest.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Striker said:

They would have brought out the backboard to be able to lift/transport him because of him being unconscious and because they likely had no idea as to what caused him to collapse.

The speculation (and that's all we have is speculation) is that the blow to the chest can throw the heart out of rhythm which leads to cardiac arrest.

Thank you for that explanation. I would think if they got him to the doctors at the hospital where they can treat him, I like his chances. 

Praying for that young man! 

Edited by Old Guy

19 minutes ago, Striker said:

The speculation that I've seen (and that's all we have is speculation) is that the blow to the chest can throw the heart out of rhythm which leads to cardiac arrest.

Paramedics have the equipment to shock the heart back into proper rhythm, so since they didn't do this on the spot would lead me to believe it's something else.....Of course they may have done this on the ride to the hospital...Again all speculative at this point...

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Paramedics have the equipment to shock the heart back into proper rhythm, so since they didn't do this on the spot would lead me to believe it's something else.....Again all speculative at this point...

How do we know they didn't do this? There was a human wall around this young man, and we couldn't see anything. The only thing we know the paramedics did was what TV reported and they for the most part respected this young man's privacy. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Paramedics have the equipment to shock the heart back into proper rhythm, so since they didn't do this on the spot would lead me to believe it's something else.....Of course they may have done this on the ride to the hospital...Again all speculative at this point...

He did receive defibrillation per the reporter on the field.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I decided to not be rude

Edited by PackFan13

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

The NFL handled this the right way.  They'll work out the game later.

The coaches handled this the right way. The NFL wanted them to have 5 minutes to warm up and start back up until the coaches/players said **** that.

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 2