Week 17 Games

Leader

Just now, Norm said:

I like this but still leader..

My gosh. I can't get it out my head

I wasnt watching. Didnt see it. So lacking any emotional response, my attentions simply to collect *facts* about what happened. At this juncture it's clear that nobody in the public knows those specific facts yet....so wait for it. That's all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Those are good signs and continues to make me believe this was not spinal related. 

Yah go back a couple of posts.  Looks like the hit sent him into cardiac arrest.  Something about a forceful blow at just the right time that caused the heart to go out of rhythm.  Thinking he'll be OK.  Very rare occurrence apparently.  

6 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah go back a couple of posts.  Looks like the hit sent him into cardiac arrest.  Something about a forceful blow at just the right time that caused the heart to go out of rhythm.  Thinking he'll be OK.  Very rare occurrence 

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often in football games at all levels, especially some of the hits the WRs take across the middle.  I'm praying for him.

Edited by NFLGURU

19 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

If anyone wants to read up on it.  58% survival rate.  Has to be treated within 3 minutes.  They were on it so still thinking he'll be ok.  But man that is messed up.  

Read for this to happen you have to be hit in the chest at the perfect millisecond to cause a problem.  Any other time and you'll be fine with perhaps some bruising, but this has to be precise timing to happen.

Also don't know his family or medical history with heart related stuff.

Edited by NFLGURU

what a terrible way to end week 17. 

It seems to be trending towards him pulling through, but we weren't far from witnessing a man die on the field.  Freak accident or not, I don't know how anyone could suit up after that.  

His poor family having to watch that