2023 49ers offseason thread: Wilks to be new DC

49erscap

4 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Wonder if Brunskill will be brought back to compete at center with Poe and Zackelj

Brunskill should have a solid market as a 6th lineman, but for me he was the most important guy to bring back

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Brunskill should have a solid market as a 6th lineman, but for me he was the most important guy to bring back

Brunskill is the ultimate benchline guy. If he is your worst starter or 6th man you have at least a average to above average line.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Geek said:

I have no idea who this guy is but it's out there. I assume this means no Jimmie Ward.

Unless Ward wants to come back at Nickel, which I guess ain’t out of the question but I’m pretty sure he wants to play safety.

I think this also means we are out on Bates in FA and that we will go into the draft to hopefully draft a long term safety 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Geek said:

I have no idea who this guy is but it's out there. I assume this means no Jimmie Ward.

He's reliable. 

I'm a little meh on this. Asking him to have another season like that at age 33 is probably not great

• Like 3