Happy new year and what will you do better

Malfatron

Hello, im malf.

Happy new year to you all.

Its that time where we can try to get better traction, and try to become better versions of ourselves.

Now, whether it be something small, subtle, selfish, or personal, we all have something that we can improve about ourselves

And sure, we could do that anytime. We dont need a calendar day to tell us, but why not right now?

Some may focus one one specific thing.

Some may try a barrage of reverse paper cuts

But whatever it is, big or small, just try it.

• Like 2

probably won't do anything, been in stasis probably 5 years now. should try and stop dreading death/illness all the time and give more energy to other people probably though. be a better friend and not disappear/ghost people when i'm not feeling it and instead just communicate better. fix those two things and i think things would be good 

• Like 1

Happy New Years’ kiddos! ‘23 is going to be action packed!

- Lose 20 lbs (I went from 230 this time last year, woke up today at 200 - so it was a 30 lb loss. I got as low as 190 last year, so now I’m challenging myself to get to 170 -180 this year).

- Get a 4.0 in my first year back in school (wife finished her Masters’ in December, so I get to go back for my education; I’ll be attending Wake Forest University getting my Masters in Financial Technology (FinTech) and Analytics this year - go Deacs!)

- Play golf 2-3 times a month. (I play sporadically, but I want to do this routinely so I have another healthy social outlet - working from home limits my human contact, so I need to find more opportunities to talk to people in person).

• Like 2

I start all eating/diet and exercise goals January 2 every year.

So, I’m going to go no processed food, no alcohol, and no desserts during the month of January. I’m currently sitting at 174, just need to lose the 5 pounds of holiday weight (no regrets tbh).

As far as the rest, I’m looking to switch careers and will have an interview later this month, so I’m prayerfully considering this and weighing the pros and cons. 

The last goes with the above, but being a more present dad and husband. Not being distracted by work or other responsibilities. I’ve reassessed my priorities and want to be more hands on in the day to day as opposed to leaving for work at 6:30-6:45 and getting home just before dinner exhausted and then needing a break from people after being around people all day. 

• Like 2