BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Just now, Scoundrel said:

He was 39 for me but I was planning all kinds of reaches for various reasons in the 2nd. 

I value a 3 down MIKE a lot more than other guys in that 20-40 range who are like the 3rd to 6th best DT, OG, OT, or WR in this particular class. I'd rather have Campbell than a lot of guys, but that's just me...I coached linebackers for close to a decade, what can I say?

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

I value a 3 down MIKE a lot more than other guys in that 20-40 range who are like the 3rd to 6th best DT, OG, OT, or WR in this particular class. I'd rather have Campbell than a lot of guys, but that's just me...I coached linebackers for close to a decade, what can I say?

This I agree with. Even though he was 39 and technically a reach on the “board” I would take him for the same reasons (except the coaching linebackers, I coached receivers) 

• Like 1

I tilted back and forth all night and all the way up to the moment I posted the pick between Johnston (who I have 14) and the player I have 15. 

Going to be interesting to see when or where he goes and how much that decision haunts me lol 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

This I agree with. Even though he was 39 and technically a reach on the “board” I would take him for the same reasons (except the coaching linebackers, I coached receivers) 

You're a lot more patient than me. I could never coach a "wrist band player" in any capacity unless it's a QB, which I did for a few years.

Low detail, low team focus, high "me guy" 90% of the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You're a lot more patient than me. I could never coach a "wrist band player" in any capacity unless it's a QB, which I did for a few years.

Low detail, low team focus, high "me guy" 90% of the time.

The best part was this was a very small school and when I started coaching receivers I actually took a player that was an OT (because of height his weight was so light) and helped transition him into our number one. He was a beast and very humble because he got to move from the oline to WR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Big reason why I liked Addison, he can play inside or outside and provide flexibility. I hope he goes to a team like the Vikings so he can feast opposite Jefferson.

There are too many mouths to feed in Vikings offense speaking as a Thielen owner. With Jefferson, Hock, Cook and their Slot expect like 600-700 yards on the season.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

The best part was this was a very small school and when I started coaching receivers I actually took a player that was an OT (because of height his weight was so light) and helped transition him into our number one. He was a beast and very humble because he got to move from the oline to WR.

I do take this back:

I helped coach WR for a 2 year period of time when our WR coach was going through cancer treatment. I'd do all of their INDY work up until 7/7, then I'd switch to defense. However, we ran the triple option at the time, so it was great. I had an all conference 2 way player (safety and WR) who loved me because I'd make them perimeter block, get out the handcuffs, and just run them through the gauntlet and spent almost 0 time catching balls/running routes. So, 75% of them absolutely hated me, but the good ones we had loved me, LOL.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PR said:

There are too many mouths to feed in Vikings offense speaking as a Thielen owner. With Jefferson, Hock, Cook and their Slot expect like 600-700 yards on the season.

He's one of few,  I would be happy if the Chiefs traded up for.