BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

58 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

CB: We had the same guy as our #1. Past that, we really didn't/don't agree on our next 3-4 dudes

22 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:
1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

@Whicker got an absolute steal in Cam Smith here IMO.

I was considering him at 17.  Awesome pick.

20 minutes ago, Blue said:

I expected Cam Smith to go off the board a round again. I think he’s a low-ceiling No. 2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

You’re leaving out the part where we knew we weren’t getting any of the 2nd/3rd tier corners tho

Simply quoting the "didn't agree" portion, not the draft strategy portion, which we are pretty eye to eye on...unless you want me to give that away?

• Like 1

If anyone needs a quality depth to decent starting DT for a 7th or a PFA pick hit me up.

I have 1 of David Onyemata 1/$5,000 or Sebastian Joseph Day 1/$1,000 available. Too many bodies for me there with drafting Carter, resigning BJ Hill and Big Alim on my roster

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I had very close grades on 2-3 OT that were nearly identical with JMS as the cream of the crop C and due mostly to us not needing an interior lineman I neglected to evaluate the OG. While some may think Bijan is a reach, if he ends up panning out, who cares? :) 

I like the meat and potatoes linemen you’ve taken.

I fully expect Bijan to go last of all the picks I’ve taken 

But I would bet if I hadn’t taken him 1.7, he’d have been gone at 1.11. And I wanted him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

But I would bet if I hadn’t taken him 1.7, he’d have been gone at 1.11. And I wanted him. 

You had plenty of other early draft capital to fill more premium positions, in your case it was the perfect spot to take him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Exactly

IMO he is ARGUABLY the best position player in the draft. It happens to be that he plays RB, which is now a highly devalued position. I actually find myself still infatuated with a solid running game/back, so I understand the "reach" there if you feel like you can land a blue chip prospect. And, per your point, he'd have likely been gone anyway.

A lot of your success this year will depend upon your QB situation, but I think you did the right thing in trading down and still getting "your guy" while giving you more ammunition to rebuild, retool, and reload your roster.

Then again, team building is arguably my favorite part of this league. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

The tag of a poster definitely displays bolder

Well worth the downtime for that massively awesome forum upgrade in which I still cannot access the site from a Chrome Browser. Solid use of priorities all around here.

• Like 1