BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My picks: Where I think they get picked. Where I want them to get picked.

Bryce Young QB

Where I want him to go: 1st Overall to the Panthers

Where I think he goes: 1st Overall to the Panthers

Jalen Carter

Where I want him to go: 10th overall to the Eagles

Where I think he goes: 5th overall to the Seahawks

Quentin Johnston 

Where I want him to go: 23rd overall to the Vikings

Where I think he goes: 33rd overall to the Texans

Matthew Bergeron

Where I want him to go: 47 overall to the Commanders

Where I think he will go: 61 overall to the Bears

Darius Rush

Where I want him to go: 52nd Overall to the Seahawks

Where I think he will go: 69 (nice) overall to the Rams

What about where you least want them to go? What's the worst case scenario?

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

What about where you least want them to go? What's the worst case scenario?

Honestly the worst case scenario for any of them is just my evaluation is off and they plummet down the draft board into day 3.

I am most nervous about Johnston. The buzz has not been great right before and since I made that pick. Bergeron and Rush's evaluations have been all over the place but they seem to be trending up in the last couple weeks.

We'll see. I feel confident that Young and Carter will go high and land in decent situations. Young going to the Texans would be the least ideal just because they are a dumpster fire. 

Well Hurts just got his bag. Obviously we don't know all of the contract structure details yet, but just based on the 5 year, $255 million being reported, his 3 up number would've been 38.25k I think. So overall I'm not far off from his 3 up number.

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Well Hurts just got his bag. Obviously we don't know all of the contract structure details yet, but just based on the 5 year, $255 million being reported, his 3 up number would've been 38.25k I think. So overall I'm not far off from his 3 up number.

And yet, @Blue was wrong and @Whicker was right.

• Like 1

Listening to the NFL Stock Exchange Podcast, they are doing a full 3 Round Mock

Bryce at 1 to the Panthers

Carter at 6 to the Lions

Johnston at 25 to the Giants

Bergeron at 36 to the Rams

Rush at 99 to the 49ers

I'd sign up for that

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Listening to the NFL Stock Exchange Podcast, they are doing a full 3 Round Mock

Bryce at 1 to the Panthers

Carter at 6 to the Lions

Johnston at 25 to the Giants

Bergeron at 36 to the Rams

Rush at 99 to the 49ers

I'd sign up for that

If the Rams don't address that horrible defense with their first pick idk what the hell they're doing. Seriously that depth chart is unbelievably bad.

btMqq4p.png

They're starting some dude named Russ Yeast. They just need to keep picking defenders almost all draft.

Also shout out @pheltzbahr legend Richard LeCounte III

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, rackcs said:

If the Rams don't address that horrible defense with their first pick idk what the hell they're doing. Seriously that depth chart is unbelievably bad.

btMqq4p.png

They're starting some dude named Russ Yeast. They just need to keep picking defenders almost all draft.

I mean they are also starting something called an Alaric Jackson at LG

2 hours ago, rackcs said:

btMqq4p.png

I mean the depth chart as a whole is awful. They sold the farm to win a Super Bowl, managed to do so largely because they didn't have to play a Packers team whose ST **** the bed against the 9ers, and now they're going to pay for it over the ensuing 2-3 seasons while they restock their depth.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I mean the depth chart as a whole is awful. They sold the farm to win a Super Bowl, managed to do so largely because they didn't have to play a Packers team whose ST **** the bed against the 9ers, and now they're going to pay for it over the ensuing 2-3 seasons while they restock their depth.

That said, I can think of a lot of fan bases that'd take 5 years of ****ting the bed if it meant they got a SB ring 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oh no doubt that whole team is bad right now, but I really think the defense is in way worse shape than the offense. And that's not because I think their offense is good in any way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

That said, I can think of a lot of fan bases that'd take 5 years of ****ting the bed if it meant they got a SB ring 

Some of us do it and have done it for 30+ years without a ring or being remotely competent 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Some of us do it and have done it for 30+ years without a ring or being remotely competent 

Last year was the most 'distant' I've been with the Titans organization since I became a fan and frankly it was one of the most enjoyable seasons when I got to care more about matchups than pinning my mood, hopes, and dreams on a single team. 

That Brown trade broke my fanhood and liberated me to enjoy football more overall.

• Like 3