BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

39 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Last year was the most 'distant' I've been with the Titans organization since I became a fan and frankly it was one of the most enjoyable seasons when I got to care more about matchups than pinning my mood, hopes, and dreams on a single team. 

That Brown trade broke my fanhood and liberated me to enjoy football more overall.

I don’t blame you. I’m teetering towards indifference with the NFL fandom aspect more each day, and NIL at the college level with the portal going unchecked is moving me towards that end in college too.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Last year was the most 'distant' I've been with the Titans organization since I became a fan and frankly it was one of the most enjoyable seasons when I got to care more about matchups than pinning my mood, hopes, and dreams on a single team. 

That Brown trade broke my fanhood and liberated me to enjoy football more overall.

What are you talking about? That Brown trade was fabulous 😎

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Felt this way with the Broncos last couple years. But last year found myself so attached to the Bengals because of all the Bengal BDL players I have.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Felt this way with the Broncos last couple years. But last year found myself so attached to the Bengals because of all the Bengal BDL players I have.

There’s a statute of limitations here that if your team has won a Super Bowl within the last 5-10 years you can’t feel this way or complain.

For Patriots fans, they can start complaining in 2050 at the earliest.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

There’s a statute of limitations here that if your team has won a Super Bowl within the last 5-10 years you can’t feel this way or complain.

I didn’t sign up for this

Last year was the best year for my football fan hood. UGA’s first National Championship in my fanhood, CMD champion and since it failed to get going this year still champion. BDL champion. And my NSFL team is 5-1 right now so we are having some carry over with the second UGA championship as well.

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What are you talking about? That Brown trade was fabulous 😎

For Philly absolutely. 1st for stud young receiver is a gimme, Titans blow a 2nd on a washed up Julio Jones.

Brown definitely won, given that Tennessee doesn't have a quarterback either. He got his bag and a QB.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Andy and Pat kept me going for sure.