BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Ok, I kind of rushed through these with so much other draft stuff going on, but here are my 2023 BDL Draft grades for each team, plus my thoughts on the best and worst values for each round. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings and obviously my opinions are not fact, these are just my thoughts on the draft results. Hope it can spark some good discussion. Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H0RKTQNO3d3iJaySqJdj69vPzlAqla40gqwrURaZq_E/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Ok, I kind of rushed through these with so much other draft stuff going on, but here are my 2023 BDL Draft grades for each team, plus my thoughts on the best and worst values for each round. Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings and obviously my opinions are not fact, these are just my thoughts on the draft results. Hope it can spark some good discussion. Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H0RKTQNO3d3iJaySqJdj69vPzlAqla40gqwrURaZq_E/edit?usp=sharing

Great work. Felt good seeing the writeup.

Couple points: Last time we took a widely panned edge rusher was Rashan Gary. Granted we took him round 2 but he’s since developed into a strong starter.

At least amongst our group, nobody really likes Ringo it seems.

Also, Mims enticed me because he’s a vertical deep threat on the outside. We’ll see what’s in store for Zay Flowers.

Again, excellent work and respect for the time you committed to doing that for everyone in the leauge.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Couple points: Last time we took a widely panned edge rusher was Rashan Gary. Granted we took him round 2 but he’s since developed into a strong starter.

Also, Mims enticed me because he’s a vertical deep threat on the outside. We’ll see what’s in store for Zay Flowers.

Again, excellent work and respect for the time you committed to doing that for everyone in the leauge.

Appreciate it, I just love talking draft and this is my favorite time of the year. Can't believe it's finally draft week. I felt kind of bad about grading your team because it was largely just you taking guys I wasn't as high on as most being the reason I discounted it. I don't think you really took anyone at bad value other than taking Van Ness over Wilson. I did really like the Wright pick though, he's going to be good for you. 

27 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I feel like Ringo and Johnston fall in the same category where they were hyped as top 10 early and then people were like "nah" and now its the cool thing to be the lowest on them. Truth is likely in between those two opinions, so I think you got him appropriate value

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I feel like Ringo and Johnston fall in the same category where they were hyped as top 10 early and then people were like "nah" and now its the cool thing to be the lowest on them. Truth is likely in between those two opinions, so I think you got him appropriate value

I think Johnston could go a little bit lower but I agree that they were both roughly appropriate value

Just now, rackcs said:

I think Johnston could go a little bit lower but I agree that they were both roughly appropriate value

Yeah I see Johnston starting to be an option at 22 to the Ravens and then his floor is likely the top half of round 2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

Thanks for the writeups! I told Mwil when we saw you mocking Foskey in the 3rd/4th round "that's a smokescreen, Rack clearly wants him" so it's nice to have a little validation, lol. Only question I have is what you mean by Stromberg having a low ceiling?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Thanks for the writeups! I told Mwil when we saw you mocking Foskey in the 3rd/4th round "that's a smokescreen, Rack clearly wants him" so it's nice to have a little validation, lol. Only question I have is what you mean by Stromberg having a low ceiling?

Foskey was my backup option to Keion White, I have them rated pretty similarly. And for Stromberg, I feel like he's someone who can be a solid starting center in the league but I think I'd max him out as a solid player. Don't think he'll ever be a top center in the league. Which is certainly not a bad thing.

• Like 2

My thoughts in gif form:

Cancun really nailed this draft in my opinion.

7x22 GIF

It all started with Broderick Jones who I think fits perfectly for them. With Bakhtiari likely on the outs, Jones can step in at RT across from Laremy Tunsil.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

To me, Jones has the highest upside of any OT in this class so I love the pick getting him at 14.

mis and mrs GIF by Miz & Mrs

Mayer was another really good selection by Cancun. He fills a huge hole on their roster and has the all-around ability to contribute early.

shawn michaels wrestling GIF by WWE

Next they got one of my personal favorite value picks in the draft with Foskey. I think Foskey is a borderline first round talent so he should contribute right away for the Kaiju pass rush rotation.

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

Blue is going to absolutely eat that up and I'm now never going to hear the end of it. LOL

Stromberg and Sewell are both low ceiling players

chris farley what the fuck GIF

I will not tolerate Sewell slander here good sir

shawn michaels kiss GIF by WWE