BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

Just now, SirA1 said:

Sorry at time of posting neither of your guys had gone yet. 

I'm glad you like Gonzalez's landing spot. I am of course a big fan and my wife is also Columbian.

Oh yeah I was having fun with it in discord. But truly I’ve learned it’s about where they go and not when they go.

Gave my principals a heads up that I’ll likely be accepting a job this summer outside of education, just because I know they’re working on scheduling for next year and I don’t want them to waste their time.

They responded by transferring me to the middle school effective in the fall.

EaREaOoXYAACdcZ.jpg

I still stand by my decision as I’d feel terrible if it happened to another coworker, but yeah, up since 2:00AM trying to digest this.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Gave my principals a heads up that I’ll likely be accepting a job this summer outside of education, just because I know they’re working on scheduling for next year and I don’t want them to waste their time.

EaREaOoXYAACdcZ.jpg

I still stand by my decision as I’d feel terrible if it happened to another coworker, but yeah, up since 2:00AM trying to digest this.

Dang they can just move you schools and whole other age group like that?

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

EaREaOoXYAACdcZ.jpg

Wait, but if you're leaving in the summer then why does it matter that they transferred you to middle school starting in the fall?

8 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Dang they can just move you schools and whole other age group like that?

Correct, anything on my license grades 7-12 in the social studies realm

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Wait, but if you're leaving in the summer then why does it matter that they transferred you to middle school starting in the fall?

Long story short, I haven't made it "official" yet, and my final paperwork has not come through yet. So, on the off chance that it falls through (unlikely but not a done deal yet), I'm going to be stuck in a much worse situation...so I am really hoping things pan out. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Long story short, I haven't made it "official" yet, and my final paperwork has not come through yet. So, on the off chance that it falls through (unlikely but not a done deal yet), I'm going to be stuck in a much worse situation...so I am really hoping things pan out. 

This why my company will find out im leaving the day I leave.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oh, I see. That sucks, I can't imagine my admin doing that. Hope everything works out.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

This why my company will find out im leaving the day I leave.

I don't fault that one bit either. Since (read below) someone was going to be leaving, I would have felt legitimately badly for any of my coworkers, so I just personally couldn't stomach it, but in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have said anything at all and then dropped a proverbial bomb on them in a few weeks headed into the summer.

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Oh, I see. That sucks, I can't imagine my admin doing that. Hope everything works out.

I don't fault them. We were told that we're losing a position to the middle schools due to their enrollment being through the roof. They're in a tough spot. Since I'm one of the only people certified to teach college courses, I could have/would have stayed here as long as I want(ed) to. I save them thousands if not more each year.