BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Enjoying the back and fourth on Jordan Fuller.

I am befuddled that a guy I didn't feel confident enough in to tender at a 7th is getting multi-year bids.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I was going to say it doesn't matter because it's AAV, but the AAV on Spotrac doesn't include 5th year option. As you were, sir.

MD4L had a valid 4 year bid but Lukic just hit the min necessary for 5 years so all is well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I was definitely not expecting to see the Ridley love. Quite the gamble there with 5 year deals.

rim-shot-badum-tss.gif

The better question is who New Orleans is going to get to block for Dalvin and protect Allen so he can throw to Ridley.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

The better question is who New Orleans is going to get to block for Dalvin and protect Allen so he can throw to Ridley.

Hey, at least the left side with Decker, Bitonio and Andrews at C will be good.

The $450 Shark Tank goons will man the other two jobs.

12 hours ago, SirA1 said:

Calvin Ridley at 5 years should start at 6670 per year as he is on his 5th year deal per Spotrac. Basically it tolled because of his Suspension.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/calvin-ridley-25121/

So we don’t mimic Spotrac in these cases? That means Ed Oliver’s number should be different also since they aren’t taking his 5th year option into consideration in the average they list. 

21 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

So we don’t mimic Spotrac in these cases? That means Ed Oliver’s number should be different also since they aren’t taking his 5th year option into consideration in the average they list. 

It's not for new contracts. Ridley is also a special case since he was suspended for a year. 

For FA purposes a player with only a 5th year left is basically on a 1 year contract.