BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

I think Linderbaum is a bit high for a single year of NFL experience, but also that list really drops off in quality around the midway point. A lot of folks, myself included, counting on young players at the position.

2 hours ago, Blue said:

I think Linderbaum is a bit high for a single year of NFL experience, but also that list really drops off in quality around the midway point. A lot of folks, myself included, counting on young players at the position.

I finally get a position ranked high and you want to move it down lol

2 hours ago, PR said:

I finally get a position ranked high and you want to move it down lol

When he's played one year and there are other good players with a longer track record of playing at a high level? Yes, obviously.

On 6/25/2023 at 5:20 AM, SirA1 said:

The minor thing I see is that a lot of the incoming rookies and a few vets don't have ages/years accrued in the player database.

Found a link in the spotrac contracts sheet that wasn't updating.  Fixed and it looks like it fixed several of these issues.

Thanks.

• Like 2

OT

1. Rome- Ryan Ramczyk, Tyron Smith, Terron Armstead, Bernard Raimann, Nicholas Petit- Frier, Carter Warren

Rome is sporting pretty clearly the best trio of OT’s in BDL.

1. Berlin- Kolton Miller, Tristan Wirfs, Robert Hainsey

Miller and Wirfs are an excellent pair of tackles even though Berlin could use some depth in the tank

1. Camden- Dion Dawkins, Lane Johnson, Tevin Jenkins, Lucas Niang, Max Mitchell, Tyler Steen, Zach Tom

Camden has strong depth and Lane is one of the best tackles in football, but Dawkins is in a different tier than the either of Berlin’s starters.

1. Anchorage- DJ Humphries, Icky Ekwonu, Andrew Thomas, Austin Jackson, Matt Waletzko, Terrance Steele 

Another group with very strong depth. Andrew Thomas is an excellent LT and there are many candidates to play on the other side but nobody that I’d feel good enough about to put over any teams ahead of them.

1. Gotham- Taylor Moton, Jake Matthews, Paris Johnson Jr, Jackson Carmen

Matthews and Moton are a very underrated but very strong duo and then a top 10 pick sitting behind them puts this team in a position of strength.

1. Greenland- Rayshawn Slater, Christian Darrisaw 

Greenland is sporting 2 excellent young OT to build around

1. Singapore- Orlando Brown Jr, Jedrick Wills, Kaleb McGary, Yodney Cajuste, Sidy Sow

Orlando Brown, Wills and McGary are a very nice trio of tackles but all have some flaws in their game which puts them behind all the groups above.

1. Raleigh- Jack Conklin, Jack Driscoll, Jordan Mailata, Wayna Morris 

Mailata has developed into a top LT and Conklin is still a rock solid player at RT. Not as strong as the groups above but still a duo that can protect very well. More depth is needed.

1. Ivory Coast- Trent Williams, Josh Jones, Isaiah Wynn, Dillon Radunz, Chuks Okorafor 

I feel like this ranking will get the most flack. Trent Williams is the best OT in football but I just don’t feel good about any one else as a starter on the other side. Even with Williams being amazing, its hard to put a team without a clear RT above the rest.

1. Cancun- Laremy Tunsil, Broderick Jones, Calvin Anderson, Yosh Nijimin

I put this group in the same category as Ivory Coast. Tunsil is an elite LT. 

If Broderick Jones is as good as billed, Cancun will be much higher this time next year, but he has not played yet.

1.  Seoul- Ronnie Stanley, Tytus Howard, Donovan Smith, Anton Harrison, Dawand Jones, Jaelyn Duncan

Stanley’s injury history scares me enough to put this group here. Howard apparently broke out last year in which I was unaware of, so maybe I’m too low on this group. Donovan Smith is a decent option as a #3. I like the potential of having 3 rookies behind this group as well.

1. New Orleans- Taylor Decker, Abraham Lucas

Two good tackles, but no one that is great. 

1. Baltimore- Penei Sewell, Morgan Moses, Dan Moore

Sewell and Moses are good tackles but they are both career RT’s. It is fair to wonder if this team would struggle on the left side.

1. Lancaster- Evan Neal, Trevor Penning, Sam Cosmi, Braxton Jones, Thayer Munford Jr.

Evan Neal had a rough year 1. Penning was on an off the field as a rookie. Braxton Jones was a pleasant surprise and Cosmi got his job taken.

1. Cuba- Mekhi Becton, Charles Cross, Darnell Wright, James Hudson

Cross was great as a rookie, another year of that and if Darnell Wright is who the Bears drafted him to be then this group shoots up the ranking next year. I love the potential of this pair, but hard to put them any higher given what we know right now.

1. Hungary- Trent Brown, Duane Brown, Walker Little, Daniel Faalele, Taylor Lewan, Blake Freeland

I personally would not feel great starting any of these players in BDL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

OT

1. Rome- Ryan Ramczyk, Tyron Smith, Terron Armstead, Bernard Raimann, Nicholas Petit- Frier, Carter Warren

Rome is sporting pretty clearly the best trio of OT’s in BDL.

Didn't know you were that high on Bernhard Raimann, but I guess he could be a decent fill-in when Armstead gets hurt.

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He plays every other year. This is the on year for Berlin....

He's 32 and played 17 out of a possible 50 games in the last three years. He's done. Reminds me of the last few years Walter Jones was in the league and everybody was saying he was a great tackle if he could stay healthy, and inevitably he got shut down like five snaps into preseason.

EDIT: Him and Ogden, but even those guys still played like 10-12 games at the end.

Edited by Blue