BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Well they have 11 players listed. With the flex as a starter. The term flex is stupid but they are clearly trying to relate to fantasy football fans as well. As flex in fantasy is a starter also but it can be various positions obviously. But they have 3 corners as the starters…

We agree. My comment was about the term flex being completely out of place and stupid. That’s all 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Davis, Barmore, and Hamilton on that list is bad.  

None of those guys are bad players and likely boom going forward so if it’s looking at the future I think it’s fine. But just based on last season I can agree.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Jalen Pitre should be on that list though.

Probably should be the flex if they use it like Lukic suggested. Since all those corners I don’t think played much of a nickel role. I’d have to look at snap alignment though.

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Kerby Joseph was too at S as was Brisker. Both have arguments 

Kerby Joseph was a stud and ball magnet. I think he’d be the better selection but not an egregious one. 

Brisker was really good too. I’d still give the edge to Hamilton if forced to pick one.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Probably should be the flex if they use it like Lukic suggested. Since all those corners I don’t think played much of a nickel role. I’d have to look at snap alignment though.

Yep Sauce had the most slot snaps at 8… 

28 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Kyle Hamilton was pretty darn good last season.

Hamilton struggled for most of the season.  He got better later in the year, but he didn't even play more than 75% of their snaps until week 14.

Also, neither Davis nor Barmore played more than 330 snaps last year.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Whicker said:

Ridiculous that people just cannot accept that LBs are worthless.

There are only 2 listed and Parsons should barely count as a linebacker. He’s a hybrid edge.

The base defense is a 4-2-5 and flex means either third corner or third safety depending on whether or not you want big nickel or a third corner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

There are only 2 listed and Parsons should barely count as a linebacker. He’s a hybrid edge.

The base defense is a 4-2-5 and flex means either third corner or third safety depending on whether or not you want big nickel or a third corner.

No. It’s not because that’d be 12 players. 

the base defense is 4-1-5 plus flex. Not 4-2-4 plus flex like the lineup suggested