BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

54 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

K but who is that guy? 

He’s technically Pheltz’s co owner and heir to the Gotham dynasty. So when Pheltz stepped down the rightful owner was actually Chigs. So really I was just here until Chigs came and claimed the throne. So it was good knowing you all 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Whicker said:

He’s technically Pheltz’s co owner and heir to the Gotham dynasty. So when Pheltz stepped down the rightful owner was actually Chigs. So really I was just here until Chigs came and claimed the throne. So it was good knowing you all 

Nope you are the rightful owner 

Regarding Ruskie's comment about treating players as healthy if they get hurt in a game: while it's a general rule of thumb, I don't see it in the rules anywhere, and some level of common sense has to come into play. It's one thing if Charles Cross gets hurt nearly 40 snaps into the game, but a 39 year old QB getting hurt on his first pass attempt with a new team, after he's already shown signs of decline the previous year? There's not a great, fair way to evaluate what he would have done this week or how good he is right now.

I feel bad for Ruskie, and I'd feel the same for any team that had that happen to them. It's a bad beat. But voters are given a great deal of latitude on what they base their vote on, by design, and the starting QB getting hurt almost instantly is something I'm going to consider in my vote. I really can't justify pretending it didn't happen or know how he would have played through the full game in this context.

• Like 1