Where do you think Jim Harbaugh gets hired?

Bolts223

16 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Ownership would have to be settled to go there.   As teams can start interviewing now, I can’t see WAS as realistic at all.   

CAR with Tepper’s deep pockets, and DEN with Wal-Mart’s, seem far more likely.     It’s going to take a 8-figure salary and 6-10 years to get it done.   As we saw with Rhule, the risk can be mitigated by offset money rules re: extra years in contract  - but you have to be able to pony up the $$ for that salary up front.    Now every owner will be willing to get into that level of bidding war that Tepper / Wal-Mart will. 

Interesting question to bring to the table, they're technically related by marriage, but if we're saying that Penner "has Walmart's money" because he's married to the granddaughter of Sam Walton, well, so is similarly is Stan Kroenke; albeit that his wife is the grandniece of Sam, she and her sister also inherited stock from their father - Sam's brother Bud - who was a co-founder of Walmart with Sam.  So realizing that Penner is on the board of a number of corporations, I'm not really challenging his outright wealth, merely that he has "the Walton fortune at his disposal."

Edited by Dr LBC

The real question is, do people think he will be successful in the NFL? The league has changed since he was last here and his offense at Michigan is stuck in last decade. 

I remember every play almost being a delay of game when he was in charge and the countless coaching mistakes he made in big games. Not giving Gore the ball at the goal line in the Super Bowl still haunts me. 

And his big game record at Michigan is pretty awful as well. If I’m an NFL team, I’m not jumping at Jim until I look at other candidates first. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stlducks said:

The real question is, do people think he will be successful in the NFL? The league has changed since he was last here and his offense at Michigan is stuck in last decade. 

I remember every play almost being a delay of game when he was in charge and the countless coaching mistakes he made in big games. Not giving Gore the ball at the goal line in the Super Bowl still haunts me. 

And his big game record at Michigan is pretty awful as well. If I’m an NFL team, I’m not jumping at Jim until I look at other candidates first. 

This is the same question I been asking myself too. I have a feeling the game has passed him by, especially at the nfl level. I mean, even the sec now plays spread offenses that are light years away from Jim’s dino ball.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stlducks said:

And his big game record at Michigan is pretty awful as well.

That’s the thing of it then, isn’t it? Getting an nfl job while his name is still at the forefront. What is his value next year if he has the bases loaded again and strikes out? Their team next year will be even better too, assuming the rumors of his departure aren’t coercing players to jump ship already