Where do you think Jim Harbaugh gets hired?

Bolts223

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

There is Tomlin stuff literally every off season. Where there’s smoke, there’s always fire. 

Where?

I mean...actual reputable sources, that is.

Ive seen many fans WISH he'd leave or get fired, but Ive yet to see a reputable source ever claim he is thinking about leaving.

Not saying its impossible, but given the relationship he has with the Rooneys, we would likely know of it well ahead of time.   And Tomlin obviously has a cushy commentator/analyst gig waiting for him after.

Im just curious about this supposed "smoke".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

Considering he's already stated he will be coaching Michigan in 2023, I'm going to postpone my guess for at least one year. 

Now that he said he wants to coach Michigan in 2023 I'm willing to put money on him being in the NFL in 2023.  If he didn't say that, than I would think opposite.

12 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Well Cowherd just said a source told him that the Broncos are going to offer Harbaugh 20 mil per to be the coach. I'm not sure any other organization is beating that.

Walmart money...with that being said, Im not 100% sold on Harbaugh. I would throw that type of money at Payton, but Harbaugh makes me hesitate. His personality is just too....hit or miss and he seems like a slow adapter.

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Washington is also a possibility

Ownership would have to be settled to go there.   As teams can start interviewing now, I can’t see WAS as realistic at all.   

CAR with Tepper’s deep pockets, and DEN with Wal-Mart’s, seem far more likely.     It’s going to take a 8-figure salary and 6-10 years to get it done.   As we saw with Rhule, the risk can be mitigated by offset money rules re: extra years in contract  - but you have to be able to pony up the $$ for that salary up front.    Now every owner will be willing to get into that level of bidding war that Tepper / Wal-Mart will. 

Edited by Broncofan

One thought - given how his last NFL gig went (that power struggle with Trent Baalke) he’s probably going to want GM responsibility as well. He doesn’t want to answer to anyone other than the owner - and he had full control over the roster at Michigan, he chose who got scholarships and who didn’t; Going back to "coaching only" would be a tough transition.

Arizona jumps to the top of the list, I’d say.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

One thought - given how his last NFL gig went (that power struggle with Trent Baalke) he’s probably going to want GM responsibility as well. He doesn’t want to answer to anyone other than the owner - and he had full control over the roster at Michigan, he chose who got scholarships and who didn’t; Going back to "coaching only" would be a tough transition.

Arizona jumps to the top of the list, I’d say.

Were he to return to the NFL I don't think Harbaugh would want to be the GM;  he'll just want a competent one in place.  I can't see Jim going from that horror story with Trent Baalke in San Fran to the full Steve Keim in a desert where no one can hear him scream.

Indianapolis [with a lot of input]  seems the likely choice to me.

26 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Were he to return to the NFL I don't think Harbaugh would want to be the GM;  he'll just want a competent one in place.  I can't see Jim going from that horror story with Trent Baalke in San Fran to the full Steve Keim in a desert where no one can hear him scream.

Indianapolis [with a lot of input]  seems the likely choice to me.

Keim is on indefinite leave, which is a nice way to say he was fired - Harbaugh takes on both GM and HC roles.

I don't think it's even about competency, because Baalke is definitely proving himself in Jax - I think Harbaugh doesn't like dissenting opinions in football matters, and will push back when he's challenged. 

It's speculation on my part, but completely on brand for a control freak like Harbaugh.

I don't think Harbaugh will be the GM, but he'll have a guy at his side who is the de facto #2 in the organisation

Back in 2011 there were some rumours he liked Michael Lombardi...Michael Lombardi was also the Browns GM when they tried to trade for Harbaugh after the 2013 season.

For his sake i hope he's found someone else to take over the personnel role. 

On 1/3/2023 at 8:10 PM, iknowcool said:

On 1/3/2023 at 8:19 PM, incognito_man said:

Who wants that sort of defeatist attitude from their HC? "I don't wanna coach a team that has good competition in their division"

Seems like a change of attitude from last offseason, where Harbaugh was practically begging for the Raiders job and which would have involved playing against Mahomes and Herbert then as well.

I don’t think guys like Jim Harbaugh would look at things in that way. That’s not to say the Panthers job wouldn’t be a good fit and one that interests him - just not sure about that apparent reason.

I have to say I'd be mildly surprised if he gets hired anywhere other than Indy.

Face it, he's a weirdo. I can understand how a team calls him to talk because his coaching reputation is still good, but once you sit down with him it must be obvious how weird he is.

Now, in Indianapolis the owner is just as weird as him, and he's got ties there. So maybe they hire him.

By the way did you see the four or five massive coaching blunders he and his staff made v. TCU? I'm guessing most NFL people did.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 1:31 PM, General Tso said:

Seems like Indy and Harbaugh are destined for each other.

This was my first thought.  I know a lot of people are going to want to pencil him in to choose whichever opening has the strongest QB prospect, but I feel like he'd opt to go 1) where the owner is going to give him the most leeway and personnel stroke, 2) where there's a strong (and I mean STRONG) running game, and 3) where there are at least pieces (if not already close to a finished product) for an above-average defense.  That's Indy in a nutshell.  Throw in a not-so-strong (not calling them weak, but while the Jags are on the rise and Tennessee has kind of been kingpin by way of Henry and default, no one is currently what I'd call a "proven threat") and that's pretty close the situation Jimmy Boy was content to sign onto (to the tune of fair success) with the 49ers in 2011.