2023 Free Agency

Dessie

3 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Am I the only one that’d be more than fine with Hollins returning as the #2? Is he asking for a huge payday?

I thought he was more than fine and has the benefit of being a stud STer.  Would rather allocate extra dough to the defense as opposed to getting a major upgrade at that position considering the rest of our skill positions.

Hollins isn't good. He doesn't even know the routes in the offense. Would much rather draft a rookie and sign Agholor coming off a down year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

What are some of your obsessions with Nelson Agholor? The dude had a good season in Vegas in an otherwise mid career. Do we really need to see him back here? Think bigger.

Give me a guy like Slayton or draft a WR2 who has some upside. 

Him and Carr had really really good chemistry deep. He's also gonna be cheap after some mediocre years. That being said, I do want to draft a rookie for cheap to fill the void. A fast guy hopefully.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Is that true? Didn’t know that.

I honestly thought he looked pretty dang good out there. 

Hollins did do a good job, good enough to be resigned. Great on ST probably more suited to a #4 role though. 

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Hollins did do a good job, good enough to be resigned. Great on ST probably more suited to a #4 role though. 

Fair.

I think I’m just so underwhelmed on the defensive side that I struggle to see how spending money on the offense outside of critical needs (qb/o-line) is the move.

Hate that we now have so much money tied up between Adams, Renfrow, Waller and likely Jacobs that I see marginal need for an upgrade at the 2.  We all want a burner there, which to me Hollins can check that block plus add additional value elsewhere (ST)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Fair.

I think I’m just so underwhelmed on the defensive side that I struggle to see how spending money on the offense outside of critical needs (qb/o-line) is the move.

Hate that we now have so much money tied up between Adams, Renfrow, Waller and likely Jacobs that I see marginal need for an upgrade at the 2.  We all want a burner there, which to me Hollins can check that block plus add additional value elsewhere (ST)

We should put Waller out wide as the #2 and draft/sign a TE or resign Moreau.  I'd love to have Adams/Waller/Renfrow/Moreau all on the field at the same time.  Waller is big and runs like a 4.4 40.  He could definitely be our WR2.  He's already being paid like it.

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

We should put Waller out wide as the #2 and draft/sign a TE or resign Moreau.  I'd love to have Adams/Waller/Renfrow/Moreau all on the field at the same time.  Waller is big and runs like a 4.4 40.  He could definitely be our WR2.  He's already being paid like it.

That’s an idea I could certainly get behind.

33 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Fair.

Given we were without Renfrow and Waller most of the season Hollins had to become a primary target which he probably isn’t suited for, but 57 catches for 690 yards was a good return for a guy earning $2m. I’d say he outplayed his contract. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Is that true? Didn’t know that.

I honestly thought he looked pretty dang good out there. 

He was ok, but his routes were extremely limited. He had like 2 or 3 simple ones he executed well, but he was pretty invisible a lot of the time and a lot of his big plays were busted coverage. 

He's a good #4. He's talented enough to fill in in a pinch and not leave us up **** creek. But he's just not refined enough to rely on regularly and his upside is probably tapped at this point. ST ace though and a big RZ target, so he deserves a spot. 

I'm really high on Xavier Hutchinson and Jadon Hasselwood as prospects as I think they can do what Hollins can as a WR, but probably a bit better right now and have room to grow. 

I know this much though, I love having a guy like Hollins around. If a guy goes down, you're not stuck doing something like begging a Keelan Doss to come back in am emergency. Our WR depth was putrid for a long time. 

Adams, a #2, Renfrow, Hollins, a #5 Renfrow-lite is actually a really good WR corps, imo

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Hollins is fine, most our “#2” we’d bring in would be the 4th option anyway. Get a burner fix the OL and focus on defense. 

Until Waller gets hurt and then you're forced to rely on Hollins like we had too this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm really high on Xavier Hutchinson and Jadon Hasselwood as prospects as I think they can do what Hollins can as a WR, but probably a bit better right now and have room to grow. 

I know this much though, I love having a guy like Hollins around. If a guy goes down, you're not stuck doing something like begging a Keelan Doss to come back in am emergency. Our WR depth was putrid for a long time. 

Adams, a #2, Renfrow, Hollins, a #5 Renfrow-lite is actually a really good WR corps, imo

I like Tyler Scott and Jonathan Mingo,

Our WR depth was putrid last season, Waller/Renfrow went down and Mack Hollins instantly became the #2 option in the passing game. Hollins had 56 receptions, 750 yards, 5 TD his first 5 years combined. He had 57 catches, 690 yards, 4 TD last year.

He had never played more than 30% of his teams offensive snaps and played 94% for us last year.

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Tyler Scott and Jonathan Mingo,

Our WR depth was putrid last season, Waller/Renfrow went down and Mack Hollins instantly became the #2 option in the passing game. Hollins had 56 receptions, 750 yards, 5 TD his first 5 years combined. He had 57 catches, 690 yards, 4 TD last year.

He had never played more than 30% of his teams offensive snaps and played 94% for us last year.

Too bad Johnny Wilson from FSU didn't declare. 

I have a feeling he could be a Waller-like player that moves from WR to TE and explodes. 

That said, I'd give him a shot at WR either way. 6'7 235 with sub 4.5 speed is just absurd. Really interested to see how he tests and measures next year. Even if he comes in 6'5 or 6'6, the H/W/S is really enticing, especially in the RZ.