Junkies Poll on who should start at QB

turtle28

How could it not be Howell?

I mean, we’ve seen Heinicke and we’ve seen Wentz. We know what they’ve got, and certainly one last meaningless game isn’t going to change that. At least with Howell, it will be some new information for the staff to consider — one way or the other.

I will say, if it isn’t Howell, that’s the death knell for him here. And probably everywhere. If he’s still so unprepared that they can’t talk themselves into playing him even under these circumstances, it’s hard to imagine when that could ever happen.

I think the answer to the question is easy: Which QB has not proved they aren't capable of being the QBotF? 

Sam Howell needs to play and we need to throw a lot. No more game plan to win. We gain nothing from them running the ball and controlling clock. Let the kid sling it and see what we got.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

How could it not be Howell?

I mean, we’ve seen Heinicke and we’ve seen Wentz. We know what they’ve got, and certainly one last meaningless game isn’t going to change that. At least with Howell, it will be some new information for the staff to consider — one way or the other.

I will say, if it isn’t Howell, that’s the death knell for him here. And probably everywhere. If he’s still so unprepared that they can’t talk themselves into playing him even under these circumstances, it’s hard to imagine when that could ever happen.

If Howell doesn’t play, I don’t know that it’s so much of an indictment on Howell but once again on Rivera that he won’t even play a young QB to see what he has bc Rivera is laser focused on playing the QB & players that give him the best chance to win. If Howell doesn’t play, I think it’s more about Rivera & he’s not worried about seeing what Howell has for the future.

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

When looking back on Ron Rivera's tenure it will just be marked with tons of questionable decisions. If they're playing Heinicke that has to mean they intend to bring him back next year otherwise why even waste time?

There’s a 0% chance Ron has any plan. May as well just spin a wheel of quarterbacks

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

When looking back on Ron Rivera's tenure it will just be marked with tons of questionable decisions. If they're playing Heinicke that has to mean they intend to bring him back next year otherwise why even waste time?

I’m sure they plan on having Heinicke as a back up next year if he agrees to re-sign. I always thought this would be the case, he’s a good reliable bank up.

I look forward to seeing Howell at some point during the game. Hopefully it’s early in the game. I want to see Howell for at least a half.

21 hours ago, Skinscavalier said:

Our HC is a pure idiot!

Yes, but isn't he so stoic on the sidelines. Never showing emotion- so cool behind the dark glasses. What more can you want? Oh yeah, if you want to be picky, a coach that understands you can be eliminated from the Playoffs if you lose -a full awareness of the situation . Minor stuff huh ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m sure they plan on having Heinicke as a back up next year if he agrees to re-sign. I always thought this would be the case, he’s a good reliable bank up.

I look forward to seeing Howell at some point during the game. Hopefully it’s early in the game. I want to see Howell for at least a half.

I would have to guess he comes in during the 4th quarter unless the game is close. I actually would bet Howell sees no time at all. Not being able to move on from this group is such a problem for this franchise. 

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is the correct decision, it’s a nod of respect to Heinicke for what he accomplished for us this season and will probably go over well with the vets in the locker room.  Let him play a quarter then put the rookie in.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is the correct decision, it’s a nod of respect to Heinicke for what he accomplished for us this season and will probably go over well with the vets in the locker room.  Let him play a quarter then put the rookie in.

I mean, a nod of respect would have been not to bench him for a guy who was a disaster the first 6 weeks of the season and continued that trend this past weekend lol. I get what you're saying but a part of me wonders just how badly Rivera regrets sitting Heinicke

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, a nod of respect would have been not to bench him for a guy who was a disaster the first 6 weeks of the season and continued that trend this past weekend lol. I get what you're saying but a part of me wonders just how badly Rivera regrets sitting Heinicke

Benching him was a mistake. 

• Like 1