2023 Week #18 GDT 8-8 Steelers vs. 7-9 Browns

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, Shady Slim said:

i'm gilding the lily a bit obviously but **** me what a wonderful job he's done with this team

I’ll give him credit for this team not quitting…but you’re still going on 6 years without a playoff win.

His seat should still be warm.

• Like 1

Just now, AFF said:

I’ll give him credit for this team not quitting…but you’re still going on 6 years without a playoff win.

when it comes to sacking coaches, personally, i am quite conservative, and i don't think you should be sacking a coach unless both their results have been subpar AND there's someone out there better. bad teams just cycle through coaching mediocrity wheels whereby they start with a solid coach, sack him, replace him with a worse coach, and stay in the hole. even if you think tomlin's seat itself should be warm (which fwiw i don't but i can see the arguments for why you may think his tenure has become a bit "stale"), i just don't see anyone i would rather have behind the headset personally

• Like 1

Just now, Shady Slim said:

when it comes to sacking coaches, personally, i am quite conservative, and i don't think you should be sacking a coach unless both their results have been subpar AND there's someone out there better. bad teams just cycle through coaching mediocrity wheels whereby they start with a solid coach, sack him, replace him with a worse coach, and stay in the hole. even if you think tomlin's seat itself should be warm (which fwiw i don't but i can see the arguments for why you may think his tenure has become a bit "stale"), i just don't see anyone i would rather have behind the headset personally

I just think every HC has a shelf life…Cowher had one and hiring Tomlin was a huge spark that propelled the team forward….I just think it’s the same for  Tomlin.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AFF said:

I doubt he goes anywhere. He got this team to win again despite the record being  what it was.  Now if he insists keeping canada, then......