2K22: AFC Championship Game vs Cincinnati

onejayhawk

Did anyone ever figure out what happened to make that game clock thingy happen?
Why re-do it? Why set the play clock at 10 seconds? Why start the game clock and the play clock at different times??

I'm absolutely lost ... and I get it the Bengals were furious about that one, albeit in the end it didn't matter much.

9 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Did anyone ever figure out what happened to make that game clock thingy happen?
Why re-do it? Why set the play clock at 10 seconds? Why start the game clock and the play clock at different times??

I'm absolutely lost ... and I get it the Bengals were furious about that one, albeit in the end it didn't matter much.

The playclock and gameclock both started on the officials call.     Since the play before was an incomplete pass,   only the playclock was supposed to start.  

Since the gameclock also started,    one of the side judges noticed and started running into stop the play before the ball was ever snapped.

It was loud,   no one heard or saw him trying to stop the play.    The play should have been stopped from the get go,   the result only looked bad because it was incomplete.    If it would have been a long TD or first down.   It would have been flipped Chiefs fans would be complaining, because the play would have still been brought back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedGold said:

The playclock and gameclock both started on the officials call.     Since the play before was an incomplete pass,   only the playclock was supposed to start.  

Since the gameclock also started,    one of the side judges noticed and started running into stop the play before the ball was ever snapped.

It was loud,   no one heard or saw him trying to stop the play.    The play should have been stopped from the get go,   the result only looked bad because it was incomplete.    If it would have been a long TD or first down.   It would have been flipped Chiefs fans would be complaining, because the play would have still been brought back.

Ok .. and why did they set the playclock at 10 seconds .. both times?? Or did stop it there during the first attempt ??

Edited by KC_Guy

3 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Ok .. and why did they set the playclock at 10 seconds .. both times??

They originally had to respot the ball.    and the playclock was running down,   so when they originally respotted the ball they reset it to 10 seconds.   

Idk,  I don't know the rules on that part.. but I'm sure I've seen that before.    No reason to full reset the playclock to 25 when the gameclock isn't running.   

It was obvious Chris Jones was having a big game, but Day Um.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/inside-chris-jones-epic-performance-vs-bengals-that-propelled-chiefs-to-super-bowl-lvii/

It was just the fourth instance this season (regular season or playoffs) of a player racking up 10 pressures, five quarterback hits and 2.0 sacks in a game, and Jones is now responsible for two of them. (Chandler Jones and Nick Bosa did it once a piece.) It was the first time in six years a player had 2.0 sacks and five QB hits in a playoff game. (Trey Flowers was the last, doing so in Super Bowl LII vs Falcons).

Liked how Cook came back from that terrible double coverage fiasco on Chase earlier (didn't look back for the ball), and made an outstanding play on the tipped pass to Williams later.

On the other hand. I didn't like Thornhill's coverage over the top against Higgins on his TD catch. Thornhill arrived too late. He should have been there.