2K22: AFC Championship Game vs Cincinnati

onejayhawk

6 minutes ago, Soggust said:

The 'missed holds' narrative being pushed by Raiders fans and Chiefs haters in Gen to justify the Bengals losing is hilarious. 

No need to defend the Chiefs and fan any flames when tensions are hot right after a game, but it's just a super weak and embarrassing take imo.

Well it’s in Gen, so I would expect embarrassing takes 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Soggust said:

The 'missed holds' narrative being pushed by Raiders fans and Chiefs haters in Gen to justify the Bengals losing is hilarious. 

No need to defend the Chiefs and fan any flames when tensions are hot right after a game, but it's just a super weak and embarrassing take imo.

Lol yup! It's like, just say "the team I wanted to win didn't so I'm gonna piss and moan"

40 minutes ago, Soggust said:

They can have their excuses, I'll enjoy playing football in two weeks.

I tried to point out, offensive holding was called evenly on both sides. Called it twice on each team, in each case it was one play that mattered (rushing TD for us, 3rd and 7 conversion for them) and one that didn't. I'm sure we held, they're probably right. It's not what I'm looking for when we have the ball. I know they held, because I'm spending the day watching Chris Jones and playoff Frank Clark and dear god were they held all day. So I'm sure we had uncalled holding penalties, but they called it evenly. The 3rd and 9 situation was a train wreck. Just absolutely terrible game management by the refs. Didn't matter at all, still punted. The defensive holdings on them, the DPI on us, those were pretty clear. The unnecessary roughness, entirely obvious, they call that every time for QBs, like it or not. So now they're down to wanting a block in the back on the punt return? Like....what? God knows the NFL needs more special teams penalties.

I get it, because I've been that guy before. 2017 against the Steelers, even a little bit of 2018 against the Patriots. I've been that guy before. But the honest reality is, we played kind of sloppy, as always. We were heavily, heavily injured by the end of the game. We gave them multiple opportunities to seal the game, and they failed repeatedly. We literally, literally gave them the football while driving to make it a two score game. 5 sacks, 2 INTs (they tried to make it 3 a couple times), Burrow at 6.6 per attempt, Mixon at 2.4, two chances at a go ahead TD in the 4th and an INT and a sack were the result, and none of that's the refs. The refereeing was bad. They still got outplayed.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

They can have their excuses, I'll enjoy playing football in two weeks.

I tried to point out, offensive holding was called evenly on both sides. Called it twice on each team, in each case it was one play that mattered (rushing TD for us, 3rd and 7 conversion for them) and one that didn't. I'm sure we held, they're probably right. It's not what I'm looking for when we have the ball. I know they held, because I'm spending the day watching Chris Jones and playoff Frank Clark and dear god were they held all day. So I'm sure we had uncalled holding penalties, but they called it evenly. The 3rd and 9 situation was a train wreck. Just absolutely terrible game management by the refs. Didn't matter at all, still punted. The defensive holdings on them, the DPI on us, those were pretty clear. The unnecessary roughness, entirely obvious, they call that every time for QBs, like it or not. So now they're down to wanting a block in the back on the punt return? Like....what? God knows the NFL needs more special teams penalties.

I get it, because I've been that guy before. 2017 against the Steelers, even a little bit of 2018 against the Patriots. I've been that guy before. But the honest reality is, we played kind of sloppy, as always. We were heavily, heavily injured by the end of the game. We gave them multiple opportunities to seal the game, and they failed repeatedly. We literally, literally gave them the football while driving to make it a two score game. 5 sacks, 2 INTs (they tried to make it 3 a couple times), Burrow at 6.6 per attempt, Mixon at 2.4, two chances at a go ahead TD in the 4th and an INT and a sack were the result, and none of that's the refs. The refereeing was bad. They still got outplayed.

Great post.

Good ol Jak, always this board's voice of reason.  👏😂

5 hours ago, Soggust said:

Meh. Honestly I was a bit uneasy watching the game because there so many bogus calls going our way. But I do take solace in the fact Cinci always overcame them and the call that did them in was the right one. 

Our D really stepped up yesterday. Hopefully we get healthier on offense otherwise that SB will be hard to win. 

About the defense,

• Joe Burrow was their leading rusher with 30 yards.
  • Mixon was 19 yards on 8 carries
  • Joe Burrow    26/41    270    1    2
  • One of the stories off the morning is how much we played 3 rookies at CB
  • Jaylon Watson now has 2 Int in 2 playoff gmes

10 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I obviously don’t know the severity of our WR injuries but was I they only one a little annoyed that while Pat is playing on one leg those dudes couldn’t manage to get back in the game? I know unfair but still a little annoying.

Juju could hardly walk, Hardman reaggravated his prior injury, and Toney is injury prone. 

44 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

I obviously don’t know the severity of our WR injuries but was I they only one a little annoyed that while Pat is playing on one leg those dudes couldn’t manage to get back in the game? I know unfair but still a little annoying.

Our running game,  is more annoying.   There's a reason we abandon it against good defenses.  

28 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Our running game,  is more annoying.   There's a reason we abandon it against good defenses.  

Maybe if we didn’t run it straight up the a gap every time. Also, did McKinnon poop in Andy’s cheerios? He won’t from our best player to forgettable in a three week span.

7 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Maybe if we didn’t run it straight up the a gap every time. Also, did McKinnon poop in Andy’s cheerios? He won’t from our best player to forgettable in a three week span.

Our line wasn’t creating holes regardless.  It’s like that anytime we play a good defense.   And I’ll catch some heat for this, but our RB’s aren’t great at creating.  

Kinda crazy to think about but for the majority of the game we lost Juju, Hardman, Toney. Kelce was less than 100. Had Kemp out there trying his best, all while Patty was at like 65% playing mostly pocket passer with no runs that he normally takes off on except the end. Even Trey had a leg thing that I thought was gonna end his day. And they held up against a defense that was one of the tops in the league. 

And the defense was up to the challenge even though we lost Sneed pretty much right away and Willie went down with a shoulder later on to be replaced by Harris. All while we are playing 4-5 rookies for most of the game and, outside of a couple DIMES by Burrow, stifled one heck of an offense. 

On paper we should've lost by a 20.